Major Recruitment – Castle Donington
Major Recruitment are looking for a skilled sewing machinist to join a family orientated business in a fast-paced environment located in Salisbury. This is an ideal role for someone with previous experience and a keen attitude to work.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking for full time work with an immediate start. This role comes with rewarding progression opportunities, and you will become a member of a fantastic team that values hard work.
- Sewing Machinist
Schedule and Pay
- Monday-Thursday (optional over time on Fridays)
- From £12 per hour depending on experience.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Pattern matching
- Following lead manufacturing techniques
- Operating industrial sewing machines
- Sew different fabrics like cotton, wool, leather, or industrial textiles.
- Draw threads through and change machine settings for different jobs.
- Stitch together clothes, samples, or other items.
- Takes precise measurements for cutting or shaping.
- Maintain safe and clean environment.
- Produce high quality product.
- Work as part of a team and offer support whenever needed.
Desirable key skills and experiences:
- Previous experience sewing upholstery or similar.
- Sewing machinist experience.
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Time keeping/management to meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail and a flexible attitude to a given tasks.
- Opportunity to progress within the business.
- Brilliant work environment – you’re not just a number!
- Fridays off
- Team spirit and a positive atmosphere
- Opportunity to learn new skills!
Major recruitment act as an Employment Agency for Permanent roles and an Employment Business for temporary opportunities.
If you are interested in the above role apply and submit your cv.