Reports to: Department Supervisor
To assemble and test aftermarket automotive electronic devices such as lightbars and beacons. Attention to detail and high-quality standards is paramount along with either electronic or mechanical experience. Occasional inhouse refurbishments and external visits to customer premises if products fail.
* Hand assembly & testing procedures of electrical parts. Regular use of manual, automated and pneumatic drills, cable stripping and crimping tools. Occasional use of glue & silicone-based adhesives.
* Must have attention to detail and assembly knowledge being able to work from technical drawings to assemble the finished product including various final test procedures to guarantee reliability.
* If required quarantine substandard products. If appropriate repair products that have not met the company’s high-quality standards.
* Have the ability and initiative to work without direct supervision.
* Confident working with manual or automatic tools/machinery.
Display a positive can-do attitude to all interactions, able to work on your own and to a high level of detail. Be organised and able to plan and prioritise workloads depending on the needs of the business and have a good working knowledge of all products in order to assist customer queries. Display good interpersonal skills and able to work as part of the wider team.
Electronic or mechanical experience
Good verbal & literacy communication skills
Non-compulsory skills (but advantageous for the role):
Confident use of Word / Excel / Outlook
Assembly and/or service engineer experience
This role description is not exclusive, this person may be required to undertake other duties as directed by the company.