As the Safety Training Manager, you will be responsible for the overall training of lifting equipment and anniversary training to our employees. You will develop all training and support the Head of People and Culture with keeping the training plans up to date, completing ad hoc training when requested from the management team.
The Safety Training Manager will be responsible for completing all Fire Risk Assessments and supporting managers with all actions that need completing along with anniversary assessments. You will be part of the H&S committee and will support the Head of People and Culture with other safety training needs that are required by the company, including risk assessments.
- Devise training plans to support the in-house training on all lifting equipment.
- Ensure that all equipment is checked daily.
- Develop a training spreadsheet for the whole of the company.
- Develop a training calendar for all managers to have visibility.
- Complete anniversary training.
- Support the Head of People and Culture with all safety issues and sit on the H&S committee.
- Complete Fire risk assessments for the whole company, ensuring anniversary assessments are completed.
- Support managers with H&S risk assessments and COSHH risk assessments.
- Support the managers with actions from their fire assessments with walk rounds monthly.
- Making sure that only people authorised to use equipment are authorised to do so. Carry out “tool box talks” when required.
- Support Head of People and Culture with any ad-hoc requirements to improve communication between safety and managers.
The above list is not exhaustive, due to the department’s needs, individuals may be required to carry out additional duties. The Company reserves the right to vary or amend the duties and responsibilities of the post holder at any time according to the needs of the Company’s business.
This is a full-time permanent position offering a salary of £30k-£40k dependant on your experience.
What we need from you;
- RTITB Trained
- Experience in writing and completing risk assessments.
- Positive working attitude
- Able to work with your own initiative.
If you feel that this is your next move then please apply now!