Major Recruitment are seeking a dedicated Maintenance Electrician for our longstanding client, a leading family-run food production business with a rich 190-year legacy, this is a fantastic opportunity for the right person.
The ideal candidate will be time served NVQ level 3 and hold the 18th edition, with C&G 2391 Inspection and Testing qualifications being an advantage but not essential.
The role will involve working on single / three phase systems such as installation of machinery and lighting also maintenance / repairs and testing of Emergency lighting, lighting, Switch gear, Fire alarms, Portable Appliance Testing, Air conditioning and Roller shutter / rapid doors.
Must be conversant with SWA, FP 200, trunking, metal / plastic conduits, cable tray etc. Knowledge of general building repairs would be an advantage.
What’s in it for you?
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Temporary position
- Canteen Facilities
- Car allowance.
- Great working hours, Monday – Friday 8am – 4.30pm
- Christmas raffle
- Competitive salary up to £32,000
- Comprehensive PPE provided.
- Training for career progression
- Free parking
- To ensure a Dynamic Risk Assessment is carried out before any work is commenced.
- To work to a High Standard and comply with Health & Safety legislation.
- Ensure that any projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Be able to work at height.
- Reactive breakdown support in extremely busy situations.
- Look at ways of improving energy efficiency throughout the business.
- Management of stock levels for all consumables.
- To ensure that all work is carried out in a safe manner in compliance with the companies Health & Safety Policy and Procedures and to work safely with other employees.
- To protect the health, safety and welfare of yourself and others at all times through demonstrating the lead for H&S on site.
- To take an active role in continuously developing your skills and knowledge through self-development activities and/or through attending Company organised training and development opportunities.
- To ensure that the Company is professionally represented at all times, both inside and outside the business.
- To respond to ad hoc requests and/or take an active role in specific projects as directed by your line manager.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as may from time to time be required by the Company.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR STAFF/EQUIPMENT/BUDGET:
- Interaction with site contractors
- Engineering KPIs
Must hold a current, valid driving licence & have own vehicle for use across the group sites.