£27,000 per annum
Major Technical is working in partnership with an established manufacturing business to recruit a Materials Controller to join their facility in Barnsley.
- Utilise MRP to place purchase orders and expedite material.
- Working with all internal partners to plan for and purchase raw materials in order to maintain suitable stock levels to support production.
- Establish appropriate levels of inventory.
- Manage and evaluate inventory.
- Reporting status of stock and stock availability with analysis and action plans to improve performance.
- Liaising with other departments on all material related issues.
- Perform the required system transactions needed to support the purchasing process.
- Collate and assess supplier performance within your given area.
- Control of supplier returns.
- To cover for and provide support for other members of the team.
- Providing support as required for company stock takes.
- Excellent opportunity to take ownership of the process and make significant improvements.
- Manage own accounts/suppliers.
- Must have Material Control experience within a Manufacturing & Logistical environment.
- Enthusiastic and willing to focus on improvements within the role and team.
- Understanding of the supply chain and MRP systems.
- Experience with MRP applications.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Good IT skills (Microsoft Excel, Word).
- Excellent Numeracy skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Willing to learn, target improvements and be part of the team.
- 38 hours per week: Monday-Thursday 07:00-16:00hrs, Friday 07:00-11:00hrs
- Joining a Team of 3, with a materials spend of £1.4 million per month
- Attention to detail and a strong methodical approach is a must.
- You will be engaging with suppliers by phone every day and in person where required.