Major Recruitment are currently recruiting for a permanent Customer Service Rental Controller for their client who is a well established group of companies specialising in the supply of commercial assets.
Hours of work – 8.30-5.30pm M-F
Salary – £23,000 – £25,000 p/a depending on experience
Location – Brentwood, Essex
You will be responsible for providing a high-quality truck and trailer rental service to businesses in a designated area by the effective management of fleet operations and administration at the branch. The job holder will be responsible for ensuring that the condition of the hire fleet is maintained to required quality standards.
- Regularly reviewing the physical appearance of the hire fleet and identifying cleaning, repair and maintenance requirements to ensure that the fleet always remains fit for hire and in all respects i.e., roadworthy, taxed and tested, compliant with all applicable legislation, clean and damage free
- Ensuring that accurate and detailed “check out” and “check in” inspections are conducted on all vehicles leaving for, or returning from, hire or another branch to ensure that responsibility for damage can be finitely determined
- Notifying customers immediately damage has been identified and obtaining re-charge authorisation from the customer in the form of a customer purchase order or other appropriate written authority
- Liaising with Head Office Engineering, Fleet Quality Services and Fleet Services departments to evaluate the best course of action to effect estimates and repairs to minimise vehicle down time
- Ensuring that customer recharge invoices are completed accurately and properly, carrying full customer invoicing authorisation and that recharge enquiries from Head Office departments receive a prompt response from the branch
- Ensuring that a timely response is given to customer and internal queries and effectively communicating customer correspondence and queries to other departments as appropriate
- Informing the hirer in a timely manner of maintenance requirements, recall notices and MOT test dates etc for the vehicles on hire
- At all times, the job holder must be aware of the cash flow requirements of the Company and only call out repair agents in accordance with maintenance guidelines
- Any other duties as directed by the General Manager, Branch Sales Manager, Regional Manager or Managing Director
The working environment is typical of the transport industry and the job requires both indoor and outdoor working
- The job holder must hold a full, valid UK driving licence
- Experience in a customer service or similar industry
- Good computer skills and confident in the use of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of asset rental, transport and distribution would be advantageous
- The ability to perform routine cleaning and maintenance and to fully inspect trucks and trailers, as required
If you are interested in this role, please apply to this job ad today!