A Service Manager is sought by a growing Facilities Equipment Manufacturer near Cambridge to drive forward the growth of the Service Department and join the Senior Leadership Team
Leading the Service function you will be responsible for on-time delivery of all service activities and effective management of the department. Key responsibilities will be to: –
- Manage, maintain, and update the Service Issue Tracker to ensure all issues are dealt
- with adequately, effectively and timely with the fastest response times possible.
- Respond to all service and maintenance calls and schedule in the appropriate
- resource at a margin of at least 30% for any items out of warranty.
- Prepare PPM proposals and contracts supported by the Internal Sales Coordinator.
- Produce and send quote for remedial/repair works identified on visit by appropriate
- Labour, Sub-Contractor or Supplier.
- Produce, organise and issue RAMS for all service and maintenance activities.
- Build relationships with suppliers and sub-contractors to ensure a robust and
- trustworthy network of providers.
- Work with the Quality Department on any non-conformances or issues identified as resulting from faults or poor workmanship, close out and follow due process.
You will also be involved in creating and executing commissioning plans, scheduling validation and testing activities and ensuring documentation, reports and certifications are correctly completed whilst working with other internal teams where appropriate
Small works will also fall under the responsibility of the Service Manager, these may include things such as as HVAC upgrades, door replacements, silicon sealing, filter changes, modifications to room layout or components, minor mechanical or electrical works or possibly relocations
You will be responsible for the rapid growth of the department and will be set financial targets each year to demonstrate growth and development. You will be supported by a team of Service & Commissioning Engineers, a Decontamination Team and a Purchasing & Planning Coordinator to deliver this role and can allocate work as appropriate, but ultimately will be responsible for all of the above.
You will serve on the Senior Leadership Team and form an integral part of the daily management of the company
The successful candidate will need the following experience, skills and personal qualities
You will need previous experience of leading a Service function within Facilities Management, Building Services, HVAC or Fabrication Services. You will be detailed, organised, diligent and comprehensive in your approach, have a strong work ethic, with a positive attitude and a collaborative nature.
You will need to thrive on challenge as you will be coming into an environment that needs a lot of process implementation and be actively involved in that. There is some travel nationwide which will include overnight stays.
A full UK Driving Licence is essential as are strong Microsoft Office skills, especially Microsoft Excel.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please click Apply Now to send your CV and call Adam Jones at Major Recruitment