Are you an experienced Line Leader? Have you got experience of working in a food manufacturing environment.
Our client a market leading food manufacture are looking to recruit a Line Leader, accountable for efficient running of the production lines including leading the team, lines start up and preventive actions to avoid stoppage of the lines based in Clitheroe.
The Line Leader needs to be self-motivated to deliver, energetic and enthusiastic with a flexible attitude.
Key Responsibilities of a Line Leader:
- Follow the Health and Safety (H&S) procedures and ensure all potential hazards are observed and reported.
- Follow the company processes, site operating procedures in relation to food safety, allergen control and maintain good manufacturing practices (GMP) throughout the shift.
- Follow clean as you go policy and high standards of personal hygiene.
- Deliver high standards of quality ensuring products are produced to the customer satisfaction in line with site standards and customer specification.
- Use and maintain all equipment/machinery in a correct manner and report any equipment/machinery issues.
- Complete and submit documentation accurately and in a timely manner to ensure traceability is maintained.
- Perform necessary checks to a high standard.
- Adhere to plan and keep the production downtime to a minimum.
- Lead team on a day-to-day basis ensuring work is covered across all areas with the team including participation in changeovers.
- Liaise with engineers and supervisors regarding lines performance and issues.
- Complete SIC boards hourly and escalate any issues that cannot be resolved.
- Minimise environmental impact by ensuring company procedures are adhered to regarding waste disposal.
- Support the New Product Development (NPD) process.
- Provide support and training to new starters within the production team.
- Meet relevant KPIs and targets assign by the Supervisor/Manager
What’s in for you as a Line Leader ?
- Salary £9.50 per hour
- Other benefits
- Working hours Monday- Friday 06:00-14:00
Skills required to be a Line Leader?
- Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene.
- Essential Hygiene and Chemical Awareness.
- Level 1/2 HACCP.
- Experience of working in a food manufacturing environment.
- Experience of team leading.
- Engineering background.
- Ability to follow safe working practices and instructions.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise workload.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Work well under time pressure.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Continuous improvement mind-set and coming forward with improvement ideas.
- Good knowledge of mechanical processes.
Major Recruitment are an employment agency working on behalf of our client. Should you be seeking a new permanent position, temporary assignment, or contract you will find our staff professional and courteous and our interview process straight forward.