Head of Finance – Reporting to MD
£70,000 – £80,000 plus Car/Car Allowance & Bonus & Benefits
A successfully growing business that has seen an upturn in business over the past 6 months can start a recruitment process to find a new Head of Finance. This business truly cares for its employees, everyone’s opinions and ideas are valued, and it leads to extremely loyal members of staff across the business.
As Head of Finance, you will have full responsibility for the timely production of accurate financial reporting over the national business whilst working closely with the Divisional Management team. The role will require a strong level of management information reporting, they need someone to help navigate the business through the next 5 years of its growth plan. Understanding where more profit can be capitalised is essential. You will be responsible for assessing risk, and cashflow management, whilst controlling working capital, you will be the no.1 in finance so you will need to be capable of making strategic decisions for the business.
- Supervise the finance & operations functions of the Group as well as funding, growth strategy, and optimisation programmes.
- Provide timely and relevant reports to the parent company and the local leadership team Main duties and responsibilities of the Head of Finance & Administration
- The HoF is responsible for the accounting and financial operations, budgeting, business planning and analysis, and financial, regulatory, and group reporting, including granular MI management, and will be expected to have strong systems and Excel capability.
- The HoF will manage all external audits, and will be responsible for creating and maintaining all financial policies and procedures in line with group policies.
- The HoF will be a highly driven, results-oriented individual, who is a both hands-on and a strategic finance leader.
- The HoF will support the leadership team in achieving their stated growth and value creation goals, as well as ensuring the financial and operational goals are met and the performance of the business is communicated meaningfully and effectively to stakeholders both locally and in Geneva
- The HoF will support the Board in furthering business market/sales growth plans, increasing their market share by growing organically and reducing administration costs but investing in leading-edge technology and people solutions
- The HoF will support the group in ensuring gains in profitability and drives the organisation to be financially stable with appropriate skill and controls in place
IDEAL CANDIDATE: – The successful Head of Finance will ideally have the following:
- A qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA).
- Previous experience successfully managing a team, and tenure controlling a full accounts function.
- Have a keen eye for detail and accuracy in the accounts.
- The ability to influence change within the business and the gravitas to build strong financial management.
- Experience in retail, manufacturing, FMCG, or Distribution.
- Effective communicator at all levels, able to deal with non-finance staff.
- Advanced experience in MS Excel is essential.