This UK leader of bespoke measuring equipment is looking for a Controls Design Engineer to join them for a permanent position in Coventry.
You will work with our Controls Manager and alongside our Mechanical Design Engineers and Technicians on a daily basis as projects are taken from the initial concept through to testing and then delivery. This will encompass all activities throughout the design process including:
- Understanding and interpreting customer requirements
- The invention of novel ideas (concepts) to meet customer requirements.
- Critical appraisal of yours and others designs within the design team to ensure robustness of design.
- PLC software design using structured text in Siemens TIA Portal
- Windows software design in C++
- Electrical system design and layout using ePlan electrical software.
- Support of technicians in the assembly and testing of your designs
- Work from documentation to create cables, build electrical units, build and test PC systems and occasionally wire cabinets
- You’ll hold an HND/degree in a relevant engineering discipline
- Have experience writing structured text software for PLC’s or C++
- Have experience in electrical systems design
- Experience of fault finding on electrical systems
- Good general engineering understanding and knowledge
- An aptitude for problem solving and the ability to develop solutions for complex problems
Hours Of Work
- Mon – Friday
- 8.30 – 5pm
- End of year bonus payment
- Pension scheme
- Holidays = 23 per year + bank holidays.
- An additional 1 day per year of service up to 5 to give 28 days per year + bank holidays after 5 years of service.