Financial Reporting Accountant
Temporary – Day Rate – £400 Per day – 6 months+
Office Based – Derby
Reporting to the Finance Director, the Financial Reporting Accountant is responsible for ensuring that the Company follows best practices in IFRS, tax, and VAT and stays abreast of developments in this field.
This Financial Accountant plays a vital role in managing the risks and opportunities across several European business units. This role offers a variety of interesting challenges, is not simply Financial Reporting, it requires some relationship building with key stakeholders, bringing their ideas and projects to life, whilst keeping them grounded for the business.
Key accountabilities – Financial Reporting Accountant
- Support the month-end close and reporting process, ensuring all deadlines are me
- Take full responsibility for the international business ensuring all accounting and tax matters are completed in a timely manner.
- Complete the cash flow forecast for all of the European businesses on a weekly basis.
- Complete the weekly operational information for the Managing Director, providing insightful commentary on any deviations from the budget and forecast
- Raise all UK-based invoices for the vehicle and pedestrian businesses
- Support the finance team in providing information when requested for audit purposes.
- Support the payroll process when required.
- Complete all assigned balance sheet reconciliations
Skills & experience – Technical Accountant
- Recognisable Financial Professional Qualification, ACA, ACCA
- Prior experience of working in a multinational environment, US-owned preferred
- Strong MS Excel Skills
- High Level of Accuracy
- Working in a high-pressure environment with competing time-critical deadlines
- Manual reporting systems with high reliance upon Excel
- Multinational legislative/tax environment impacting business