Salary: £40,000 – £50,000 (DOE)
Hours of work 8:00am – 17:00pm
My Client currently has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic & highly motivated, Mechanical Engineer to work within there engineering department, The role is based in Todwith, York with a primary focus on design and engineering of projects spanning the architectural, construction, exhibition and live event sectors. while the role is based on the right individual having worked in these sectors, we would consider candidates with exceptional skill sets.
This job is ideal for an experienced Mechanical Engineer capable of guiding and advising a team of designers and drafts people. You will have excellent communication skills and be able to work well within a team. The department is going through a transformation programme so the right candidate will be flexible, resourceful, and adaptable to change.
- Conceptual design of stage, performance and special machines to meet client concepts and specifications.
- Undertake, update and review design risk assessments.
- Produce and supervise conceptual models in Autodesk Inventor including FEA
- Develop designs and produce engineering solutions supported with analysis and calculations to achieve better than regulatory standards including Eurocodes, Machinery Directive, CDM Regulations and entertainment Technology – Machinery for stages and CE/UKCA Standards.
- Work with project managers to ensure machines are built and tested to design and standards.
- Produce testing schedule’s and witness or verify tests including factory tests and on site commissioning.
- Act as design lead on single and multi-disciplined projects as and when required.
- Produce and supervise production of technical documentation.
- Mentor and develop junior team members.
- HND or degree in Mechanical Engineering, or similar discipline.
- Chartered Engineer status is desirable, or working towards.
- Understanding of the design process, and its associated documentation.
- Extensive Knowledge of British Standards and Design Regulations.
- Extensive Knowledge of designing and detailing mechanical systems/components.
- Knowledge of designing with other materials is desirable.
- Positive attitude to work.
- highly organised and able to work flexibly, under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Willingness to undertake relevant training.
- Enthusiasm to support other areas of the department as required.
- Drive, enthusiasm and commitment.
Skills, Experience, Abilities and competence
- Mechanical calculations/methodical problem solving ability.
- Technical drawing to BS 8888 or professional standards.
- Minimum 5 years experience in the design and mechanical systems components (UK gained).
- Experience with Autodesk Inventor.
- FE analysis software (preferable Autodesk Nastran/AutoDesk Inventor).
- Drafting and modelling.
- Checking work of peers (design, calcs, models etc.
- Autodesk Vault, and / or Revit, and /or AutoCAD.
- Previous supervisory experience leading a design team.
- Commercial awareness.
Please Click “APPLY NOW” or Contact Alex Donnelly in our Doncaster office for further information