Production Planning Expeditor
£20,000-£23,000 + Holidays + Benefits + Pension
Monday -Thursday 08:30-17:00
Our client is a major global manufacturer and supplier of industrial products to the Oil and Gas, Petrochemical and Chemical Industries. Due to the continued growth of their Ellesmere Port Service Branch, they have an opening for an enthusiastic member of staff to join their dynamic team.
To collect information, update spreadsheets and reports and circulate to the Management Team. To co-ordinate internal and external stock reports. To update key Customers with Order Status and chase suppliers to make sure that on time in full targets are met.
The post holder must be able to work a part of a small multi functional team, be flexible and offer undertake both sales and warehouse functions.
- Updating various reports including:
- Month End Report
- Expediting Report
- Attending Production Meetings
- Updating Key Customers with Order Status
- Circulating Information to the Management Team
- Working with the Dispatch Manager to co-ordinate deliveries
- Expediting Daily Customer Orders
- Updating WIP Status Reports
- Working with the Continuous Improvement Team in identifying Bottlenecks and providing CI opportunities
- Issuing Weekly Key Customer Expediting Reports
- Providing information to the Operations Team
- Liaising between production/sales & sales/production when quantity changes or other amendments are requested from sheet production or from customer.
- Co-ordinate information from all our allied/product distributors.
- Cover warehouse when required
- Cover for offsite hose testing
- Required to answer the phone in the office
- Work on key improvement projects that will benefit the service branch and enhance the service offered by the company in the market.
- Other duties within your scope which are deemed necessary by the business for you to effectively complete the job.
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role.
Key Health & Safety / Housekeeping Tasks
- Adhere to stated policies and procedures relating to health and safety, and quality management.
- Ensure that housekeeping in the warehouse is maintained to high standards.
Experience / Skills – Essential
- Experience of working in a similar role would be advantageous, but not essential as training will be provided.
- Computer literate – Word, Excel, Outlook and Data Entry
- Communication skills: verbal (including good telephone manner) & written
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work without close supervision or work alone
- Personal work planning and organisational skills
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Meeting Customer Expectations