Our client in the Hyde area are looking for a credit controller to join their team.
Main Purpose of the Role:
- To chase payments of monies owed.
- To release orders at discretion or upon payment.
- To open new accounts and amend the customer database.
- To allocate monies received.
- To provide cover for Sales Ledger Invoicing.
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
- Chasing payment of monies owed with reference to age debts and pro forma accounts, agreeing new or special terms with customers who are unable to meet normal terms or wish to take discounts and special deals.
- To ensure all payments are noted on the sales ledgers and orders are released accordingly. Payment via BACS/BGC/Card must be noted daily.
- Allocating all receipts including calculation of discounts, clearing credits and reallocating and balancing accounts.
- Dealing with internal and external telephone enquiries.
- Emailing customers on special terms (twice monthly).
- Implementing County Court proceedings and corresponding with debt collection agencies.
- Placing customer accounts on a stop list monthly and releasing orders at discretion or upon payment. Removing accounts from this list will be done as payments are received on a daily basis.
- Controlling pro forma accounts (both new customers and bad payers) and holding orders as appropriate. Customers are to be informed of this and payments required to release goods.
- Collecting documentation and information relating to credit notes for discounts omitted, incorrect pricing, carriage overcharges, goodwill gestures and similar. Relevant credits due must be made ready to present to the Credit Control Manager for signing.
- Amendments on customers database: including change of address or other customer information.
- Opening new customer accounts with the relevant credit checks and trade references. Obtaining information for the credit controller for decisions regarding credit limits. All information must be filed.
- Deleting and amending individual customer discounts. This includes updating the discount structure codes effected by price or quantity change and new products being introduced. All changes must be recorded and copies sent to Area Managers.
- Reconciliation of cash received to the bank account.
- To provide cover for the Sales Ledger Invoicing.
- General office duties are required
- Workplaces and working area must be kept clean and tidy. You must adhere to the Company’s Health and Safety standards as defined in the Health and Safety Policy.
- Carry out any other duties when required. This may involve working in other departments.
- Experience of working in Credit Control.
- Good Microsoft Office Knowledge, in particular Excel, Word, and Outlook.