Customer Advisor (Supply Chain)
Full Time, Permanent
£20,000 – £24,000
Are you looking for a long-term customer role where you can progress? Would you enjoy working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment?
About the role:
This role in working with a team of around 14, a very exciting environment with loads going on and everyone coming together to make the team succeed. Personality with this role is super important – someone who is eager to learn, adaptable, passionate. This a role that you could really get your teeth stuck into and easily progress in – working up from grade 11 to 18/19 in the long-term future.
Reporting to the Customer Service Manager, this role provides a first point of contact for customers placing orders, following up the progress of orders, or making any other order related enquiries. You will deliver consistent, efficient order management across multiple channels, establishing and maintaining effective relationships with internal / external customers, peers, and management and the 3rd party suppliers.
Escalating all potential customer service issues through the logistics management team to resolve and communicate to the appropriate internal contacts
Working hours – Mon-Thurs 8:30am-5pm and Friday 8:30am-4pm with optional hybrid working (3 days in office, 2 days at home)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer all calls in a timely, polite and professional manner
- Act as a central point of contact to process customer orders according to their agreed lead-times
- Provide a central point of contact for first call resolution on distribution queries
- Capture and manage all orders for allocated customers, ensuring these are processed efficiently and accurately, and to company deadlines
- Liaise with Supply Chain on stock availability and delivery queries.
- Feedback to customer’s information regarding stock availability upon receipt of orders where necessary
- Ensure customers and the sales team are kept informed of order progress and of any changes to the order delivery schedules, through the logistics escalation process
- Investigate and report order discrepancies and failed deliveries, work with the logistics team to resolve any issues
- Liaise with the customer and the Commercial team to eliminate delivery refusals
- Manage stock returns in liaison with the customer and the third party distribution provider
- Monitor and resolve outstanding orders on a daily basis
- Ensure master data within function is maintained accurately
- Investigate order discrepancies and failed deliveries, report issue detail and work with the logistics team to resolve any issues.
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong customer service orientation
- Good communication skills
- Strong administration skills with close attention to detail
- PC Literate, including competent in MS Excel
- Numerate and possessing basic financial awareness
- Good relationship management skills
Salary & Package:
- £20,000-£24,000 based on experience
- Annual bonus incentive
- Good company pension scheme
- 2x basic salary life assurance
- 25 days holiday in addition to bank holidays (with the option to purchase additional holidays)
- Access to a sports and social fund
- Free onsite parking.
To apply for this or any other Customer Service role please get in touch.
“Major Recruitment act as an Employment Agency for permanent roles and an Employment Business for temporary opportunities”