Senior HR Advisor
Leicester – Hybrid Working
Permanent, Full time – 37.5 hrs Per Week
Our client are looking to recruit a Senior HR Advisor, working within a super friendly team. Based in Leicester, working within our clients division that covers Leicester, Leicestershire & Rutland and Derbyshire. This role will be hybrid role, working 2 days from home and 3 in the office or across sites depending on meetings.
The role itself if 95% casework and the successful candidate will lead in this, providing the SHRBP and the HRBP with assurance and escalation where needed. Meaning you need to be confident in ER with at least 2 years’ experience dealing with all levels of cases up to complex cases and be able to manage your own work load and priorities. There will be involvement in MOC’s and other projects such as TUPE; so experience in these areas is desirable.
You will have direct reports being the 3 x HR admin team members reporting to you directly. This will mean you will be responsible for their 1:1’s, appraisals and general duties such as annual leave approvals. You may not have this experience currently, it is not an issue and it is not essential that you do, as it can be a development opportunity to learn for the path to the next HR level.
Being adaptable to change and having a flexible can do approach is a must. Someone who is personable, but also able to hold their own in difficult situations with all levels of employees – including management.
Purpose of the Role:
The post holder will support the HRBP in delivering a comprehensive and professional HR service to all customers. They will provide proactive employee relations advice and guidance, support divisional recruitment requirements, maintain compliance requirements and implement contractual changes using the HRIS. The post holder will participate in promoting and advancing our cleint, and their values.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Reporting line for HR Administration staff (Direct Reports)
- Building and maintaining good working relationships with all customers; internal and external with the confidence and ability to challenge professionally; if required.
- Providing HR support and guidance to managers and staff with regards to all employee relations matters, in line with company policies and procedures, and best practice; referring to HRBP when the need arises.
- Supporting HRBP effectively and efficiently to deliver HR projects with a flexible approach, as and when the need arises.
- Supporting Senior HRBP & HRBP and operations with audit preparation and actions.
- Generating consistent and professional correspondence in line with policies, procedures and best practice.
- Responsible for maintaining HR Mailbox, resolving day to day HR queries, in line with policy, procedure and contractual terms; ensuring all queries are responded to expediently and escalating to HRBP where required.
- Supporting facilitation in the development of line managers, to increase their people and management skills in line with policy, procedure and best practice.
- Maintaining employee files in line with GDPR, CQC and local compliance requirements.
- Maintenance of HRIS, ensuring accurate capture and analysis of data.
- Updating HRIS for monthly payroll processing, and liaising with payroll and HR Administrator to ensure all relevant correspondence following changes are created, and communicated to relevant parties, with appropriate authorisation.
- Ensure all learning and development needs for the division are addressed appropriately in line with Divisional priorities, as directed by the Senior HRBP/HRBP.
- Overseeing Induction arrangements for new starters within the Division.
- Supporting recruitment and selection in line with company Policies and Procedures.
- Creation, collation and analysis of data from multiple sources (including Jet reports).
- Filing, photocopying and general administration duties when the need arises.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Relevant professional HR qualification (CIPD Level 5 or working towards)
- IT proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong HR Advisor skills 3+years with the minimum of 1+ years’ experience in a generalist role inclusive of Advisory tasks
- Min 1+ years’ experience in Employee Relations matters
- Experience of line management is desirable
- Experience of GDPR and file management and maintenance
- Experience of updating and maintaining a HRIS
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- Confidence and ability to challenge in a professional manner
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage expectations
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible to change
- Positive, proactive and adaptable approach
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Up to date employment law knowledge and the ability to self source solutions
- Confidentiality, discretion and tact
- Positive and proactive
- Confident team player
- Demonstrable evidence of collaborative working.
Valid UK Driving License & Car is essential
Salary & Package:
- Flexible working – with the opportunity to work both site based and from home as well as flexible hours
- Pension scheme
- Support and funding available to continue your education, development and learning
- Access to health and wellbeing facilities
- Paid for parking, complimentary tea and coffee at work – and a generous amount of holiday entitlement
Our client will be looking to conduct interviews week beginning 20th June with a view for the right candidate to start as soon as possible.
Please contact Zoe Bellenger on Zoebellenger@major-recruitment.com for a confidential chat.