The Factory Operations manager is recognised at Site No2 and deputises for the Site General Manager in their absence.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- To ensure the timely supply of quality products within budget that meet the customer expectations.
- To ensure delivery on business objectives both short and long term.
- To ensure that the Company policies on Health and Safety, and Hygiene are adhered to and to develop the team and processes to continuously improve performance in their areas.
- To lead, manage and develop the Shift Managers and Supervisors, including setting objectives, carrying out appraisals and monitoring their progress and continuously coaching to aid their development.
- To manage absence levels within the Production Department.
- To ensure that quality standards are maintained with the support of the Quality team, encouraging frequent audits of production and utilising their services and guidance.
- To develop systems and procedures to make the most effective use of resources.
- To develop an environment of continuous improvement and learning. Promote and mentor the use of A3 problem solving techniques.
- To provide data on KPIs for performance measurement.
- To manage OEE and waste levels within KPI targets.
- To help control direct and indirect labour costs.
- To ensure that a high level of communication is maintained at all times with the team and other departments.
- To manage the Production budget within its provision. To prepare capital requirements and review expenditure.
- To support the Site General Manager and provide cover for absence.
- To understand fully and abide by all the Company procedures, in particular the Disciplinary and Grievance procedures.
- To increase the awareness of the cost of environmental and energy issues and promote their effective use.
- To actively promote and protect the core values of the business and to encourage a culture of commitment and development.
High levels of personal integrity
Open and honest management style
Proactive and confident
Takes responsibility for own development
Data-driven decision maker
Ability to communicate at all levels – written, verbal, facilitator, presentation.
Enthusiastic and able to motivate other employees
Able to build team and individual self-reliance through direction, coaching, support and delegation
No. of Direct Reports – up to 4 Shift Managers
No. of Indirect Reports – up to 12 Supervisors, 80 Production Operatives
Skills and Experience
- Experience in food manufacturing management showing progression of responsibilities
- Ability to analyse and understand management information including financial statements
- Experience in Lean / Continuous Improvement
- Proven skills with in a high speed 24/7 short shelf life environment
- Committed to high professional ethical standards in a diverse workplace
- Numerate with the ability to analyse data to support decisions
- High degree of flexibility and commitment as work may be required out of hours or at weekends
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure in a high performance, fast pace environment
· Minimum 6 years’ experience in a similar role.
· Degree, City & Guilds, BTEC or AIB equivalent
· Lean Green Belt or equivalent