We currently looking to hire additional Machine Operators to support an increase in production.
This role would suit those candidates who have some experience of operating production or process machinery, have a good understanding of health and safety when working and are looking for a permanent role in a growing Company.
Machine Operator – up to £10.42 per hour no prior experience, higher rates available dependant on experience and skills, Mon-Fri 8.00am to 4.30pm plus overtime
In this carried role you’ll be responsible for operating equipment needed to produce high quality stone worktops using a range of materials. This role would suit someone who has a good eye for detail, takes care to get the job right, is comfortable working with others and has some experience of operating production equipment.
Training will be given in the specific equipment being used with a view to becoming multi-skilled in the future
- Undertake tasks as instructed and operate allocated equipment safely and in accordance with all instructions and guidelines, including health and safety
- Use any Personal Protective Equipment supplied as instructed
- Follow production ‘work to lists’
- Quality checking own work and work of others been handed onto the Operative, highlighting issues as they arise in a timely and considerate way
- Overcome minor issues that may arise with work and equipment within specified scope as instructed
- Ensure that continuous factory production is maintained wherever possible
- Immediately notify Line Manager when issues occur that cannot be resolved by you
- Undertake equipment inspection, maintenance and cleaning in accordance with instructions (start of day checks, TPM, housekeeping responsibilities)
- Maintain accurate computer data/records/documentation associated with your work
- Carry out tasks within set time limits
- Ensure compliance with quality standards, policies and procedures, codes, and legislation including health and safety
- Immediately report problems/failures that may impact on the organisation and/or its clients/customers to Line Manager
- Contribute towards the smooth running of the team, via meetings, training and idea forums
- Responsibly use resources and control expenses to meet budgetary controls
- Adhere to all organisation policies and procedures
- From time to time you may be expected to be part of special projects as are reasonably required of your job role.
Qualifications and education requirements
- Good understanding of both English and Maths (both verbal and written) as most of the instructions are delivered on paper based job cards or through our internal computer systems
- Basic understanding of computers
- knowledge and understanding of basic factory production lines.
- experience in this type of job role – insert as applicable e.g. minimum 2 years
- requisite knowledge of the machinery, tools, equipment, and materials common to the role
- to demonstrate knowledge of applicable codes, standards, and regulations
- proven skills in insert as applicable e
- to be friendly and approachable
- to understand and deliver good customer service
- good attention to detail
- to demonstrate time management and task management skills
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: Up to £10.42 per hour
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Middlesbrough: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)