Major Recruitment Oldbury are delighted to be recruiting for a well known law firm in the Birmingham area who are seeking a Private Client Legal Secretary to work at their Shirley firm.
Duties and tasks will include:
- Diary management responsibilities including making appointments, organising meetings.
- File management responsibilities. Opening and closing files including ensuring filing systems are maintained accurately and up to date. Undertake e-mail management (manage inbox and file e-mails), ensuring that urgent emails are promptly picked up by fee earners, or forwarded to another fee earner in their absence.
- Proactive client liaison including taking messages, passing on information and dealing with simple queries.
- Work collaboratively with other secretarial support to provide a responsive and professional secretarial support service to fee earners and clients.
- Management and co-ordination of the fee earners’ billing and financial requirements.
- Audio and copy typing of legal documentation and correspondence, to a high standard.
- Manage the production of all documents (even those not typed personally) from initiation to delivery back to the relevant fee earner.
- Organising conference or meetings calls on behalf of the fee earner.
- Preparing client engagement letters, conflict and money laundering checks at the direction of the fee earner.
- Dealing with and filing and storing Wills and forms i.e HMRC.
- Responsible for copying, scanning, faxing required by fee earners, including the preparation of files.
Candidates welcome to apply for the role will have the following:
- Experienced Legal Secretary/PA with a minimum of 3 years’ experience within a private client team is essential.
- Must possess excellent diary management, organisation and prioritisation skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and build good relationships with clients and staff within the firm.
- Sound technical skills in the following areas:
- Microsoft Office IT skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Proven document or case management skills.
- Proven experience of using a legal computerised finance system.
Hours of work are Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm.