Major Recruitment are currently recruiting for a permanent HGV Breakdown Tech in Stoke on Trent for their client who is the largest independent commercial approved dealership in the UK.
Hours of work – 42.5
Salary – Between £30097.60 – £38413.03 DOE
Week 1 Monday to Friday 6.00am – 14.30pm
Week 2 Monday to Friday 12.30 – 21.00pm Saturday 8.00am – 13.00pm
Main duties will be:
To ensure our automotive customers vehicles are back on the road within the shortest time possible. As our DAFaid Technician you will be required to service, adjust and repair vehicles or components using tools in a safe and proper manner, efficiently and within the allocated time and to the required standard
- To attend and carry out roadside repairs and to recover defective or damaged vehicles within the terms of the law. Fully comply with Manufacturer’s protocol and policies and safe working at the roadside.
- To observe, recognise and report on vehicle or component defects or symptoms of impending failure.
- To examine vehicles completely and report orally or in writing upon the vehicles condition, safety and reliability and performance (MOT).
- To interpret and implement technical service instructions data, to ensure a repair or replacement component is replaced or repaired in line with manufacturers instruction
- To draw the Supervisor/Workshop Controllers attention to any faults notice in either the interests of the owner or other faults that could make the vehicle dangerous or illegal if taken out on a public highway.
- To protect all vehicles under repair against damage and to inspect each vehicle for damage and cleanliness upon completion of repair.
- To attend recognised courses of instruction as and when required and to assist in the training of apprentices upon assignment.
- To maintain a high standard of cleanliness within the working area, DAFaid vehicle and a presentable personal appearance whilst always observing the Group Health & Safety and Environmental Policy.
- To report any broken or faulty equipment to your Supervisor/Manager in line with our Group Health & Safety Policy.
- To always seek permission before fitting parts to customers vehicles that have not been previously authorised and to always return parts for warranty and customer inspection.
- To ensure all service and maintenance sheets, customer defect reports, manufacturer paperwork and electronic documentation, i.e., DAFaid, DAF-check, PDI sheets are fully completed and signed off
- Time served Technician with City & Guilds or Equivalent
- Minimum 1 year post Apprentice experience.
- Safety Inspections
- Routine Maintenance
- General mechanical ability.
- Enthusiastic, Team Player, Flexible.
It would be advantageous if you had:
- DAF product experience.
- Irtec Licence.
- HGV Licence.
Benefits package includes:
- BUPA Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance 2 x salary
- Vehicle purchase discount
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Colleague Introduction Award
- Holiday allowance rising with length of service
- Great career development
- Onsite Mental Health First Aiders
- Being Brilliant Awards
- Engagement & Charity
If you think this role looks good and have the relevant experience, please apply to the job ad ASAP!!
REF – INDPS