Control Systems Design Engineer / PLC Programmer – £40-45K + Good benefits package
A Control Systems Design Engineer with experience of designing and developing PLC based control solutions using Siemens TIA Portal is needed by an expanding Engineering company.
Your main responsibility will be for the programming of the control solutions associated to specialist systems. This will include
- PLC programming supporting Electrical concept system design including drafting diagrams and sourcing components.
- Write and Document Programs
- Produce flow diagrams
- Write robust programs using automation software (Siemens TIA primarily, others beneficial)
- Understand Programming languages (such as Ladder Logic, ST, SFC, Function Block)
- Create HMI and SCADA projects
- Prepare documentation for the program’s intended use as well as any safety related instructions
- Support standardization of programs
- Support operation and maintenance manuals/documentation
You will also be responsible for determining test criteria, software / system testing, installation and technical support.
The ideal candidate will be HND / Degree qualified with around 5 years’ experience of developing PLC based control systems. You will also need to be able to take a client specification and develop a suitable software solution from first principles and create the code from scratch. Good analytical and troubleshooting skills are essential and you will need to be able to anticipate and avoid any potential issues that may arise during the development process. A good knowledge of Electrical Engineering & Standards and electrical & software engineering principles is essential as are good interpersonal skills, the ability to use a wide range of software packages and draw and interpret Flow diagrams (Visio etc).
This is a varied and interesting role with interesting technical challenges and projects. The company offers a good benefits package and career development opportunities
If you would like more information on the role please call Adam Jones at Major Recruitment or click Apply Now to send your CV