Key Responsibilities for a 20 bed service in Ferrybridge
- To ensure the highest quality and standards are met in the preparation of risk assessments, support plans and person centred plans, ensuring that outcomes are monitored, met and evidenced.
- To quality control and coach team members so that service provision delivers the outcomes and focuses on the aspirations that service users have identified.
- To ensure that relevant Ivy Care policies and procedures are understood and applied by staff in relation to quality, safeguarding, criminal records, data protection, HR, health and safety and that the service meets CQC and other regulative quality and compliance benchmarks.
- To ensure all relevant records in relation to people we support and employees are appropriately maintained, accurate and up to date.
- To ensure the production of weekly rota’s is effective, provides the appropriate support hours and minimises costs, including the use of Pool staff.
- To undertake and champion the performance management and development of people including coaching, regular supervisions and performance reviews.
- To develop an approachable and professional culture where good practice is implemented, encouraged and recognised.
- To provide accurate and timely information and reports on the performance of services managed, ensuring the requirements of contracts are met.
- To authorise expenditure against an agreed budget to ensure that costs remain within financial limits.
- To build constructive relationships with commissioners, families, carers, staff, neighbours and the wider community.
- To take the lead in recruitment, induction and training of employees, ensuring all staff are up to date with mandatory training, service specific training and to chair team meetings.
- To seek opportunities to improve existing services and to input to service and company development plans
- To support and implement change and development programmes as required for Supported Living (known as accommodation for persons who require nursing or personal care by CQC) and Outreach Services (known as personal care by CQC) within the area of operation.
- To undertake the role of Registered Manager.
- To provide on call support and assistance as part of the manager’s on -call rota.
- This job definition is not a definitive list of responsibilities but identifies the key responsibilities of the role. The post holder will therefore be required to undertake other reasonable duties commensurate with the purpose and salary level of this post.
Health and Safety and Infection Prevention
Take due care at work and contribute to the ongoing implementation of policies and procedures to maintain the health, safety and welfare of self, colleagues, service users and community. Ensure that accidents and/or unsafe or hazardous conditions are reported to management in line with policy. To adhere to the infection control policy and the essential steps to help minimise and prevent infection to employees and service users in the home.
Equality & Diversity
Undertake all aspects of employment and service provision with due regard to Equal Opportunities and diversity and associated company policy and practice.
Demonstrate a commitment to openness and equality of opportunity and ensure that all individuals are treated with dignity and respect.
To work and behave in a manner that is consistent with expected ways of working (Competency Framework; & Code of Conduct.)
To undertake all duties in accordance with policies and practice, to maintain compliance with relevant statutory responsibilities and applicable legislation.
Vision & Objectives
Undertake other duties as appropriate to the post, to support and contribute to the delivery of the company’s objectives, and vision.
Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults. We take this responsibility seriously and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Team Working & Suppor
Act as an effective team member providing assistance to team members or other teams, as requested, to support the delivery of team and company objectives. Maintain links with other teams, groups and people supported as necessary to the role, sharing information where necessary.
To take responsibility for identifying and agreeing personal learning and development needs with your line manager, participating in activities relevant to the job or personal development. Work in line with the company policy and procedure.
Leadership and Development
Lead, manage and develop staff and resources to maximise effective and efficient performance, sustain high morale and inspiration to enable delivery of objectives/outcomes that align with service plans and delivery of objectives.
Assist the management and company to change, by ensuring employees are appropriately informed and developed and encourage a culture of cross-organisational and partnership working.
To champion good employee management practice in line with Companie policies and procedures.