Major Recruitment, on behalf of our esteemed client, is actively searching for Senior professionals in Civil, Structural, and Architectural (CS&A) fields to become integral members of a significant 5-10-year project. Our client occupies a leading position within the UK’s nuclear industry, actively contributing to global advancements, and boasts unparalleled expertise encompassing the entirety of the nuclear life cycle.
You will form a leading role within a dynamic design team undertaking traditional, bespoke, and innovative designs of reinforced concrete, steel and masonry structures for nuclear decommissioning and nuclear new build projects, as well as support to operating nuclear sites. The projects you undertake will principally be in relation to design of structures associated with state-of-the-art mechanical handling equipment and their process and electrical systems, but can also involve stand-alone civil/structural tasks for a range of sectors, for example structural inspections and site surveys, and will be undertaken primarily for sites across UK with some projects based internationally. Due to the nature of our projects, you will design various normal and extreme loading scenarios, including seismic design. You will provide technical leadership and expertise, and you will take on the role of Technical Lead on specific projects when required.
Due to our vast experience within the nuclear industry, we are often trusted to undertake projects through the entire project lifecycle, and you will therefore have an opportunity to be involved in, or lead projects from initial scheme and concept design to engineering and detailed design, overseeing construction, right through to eventual decommissioning. This is particularly unique within a consultancy environment and what makes our projects and work so rewarding.
Location: Our client’s offices are strategically located in Warrington – a key hub for engineering excellence. We understand the importance of work-life balance. This role is offered on a hybrid basis, allowing you to spend 3 days working in our client’s well-equipped offices and the other days working from the comfort of your home.
- Delivering Nuclear design work, inspections and construction site support on projects for a range of public and private sector clients within the UK and overseas. Work encompasses the full lifecycle of a project.
- Concept and Feasibility studies for multi discipline design projects.
- Analysis and Design using engineering software such as Tekla and Robot as well as producing hand calculations.
- Preparation of Calculations, CDM activities, Basis of Design, Material Specifications, Scopes of Work, Technical reports, Inter discipline design coordination and supervision.
- Liaise with Technicians in the preparation of Revit models.
- Working with integrated multi-disciplinary teams to deliver high profile projects.
- Provide technical support to other members of the team.
- Ensure all work to be carried out with a positive attitude toward safety, both in design and in the office environment.
- Responsible for the management of project delivery.
- Assisting and mentoring team members to promote their technical and professional development.
- Competitive Rate of Pay: Your hard work and expertise will be rewarded with a competitive rate of pay, reflecting your experience and contributions to our projects.
- Long-Term Work: Enjoy the stability of long-term employment with 12-month contracts that will be refreshed, giving you the opportunity to immerse yourself in projects and make a lasting impact.
- Weekly Pay: We understand the importance of timely compensation, and you can count on us for reliable weekly pay.
- Working for a Reputable Company: Join a well-established and reputable company with a proven track record in the industry.
- Global Impact: Contribute to projects with both national and international reach, influencing the future of the nuclear industry on a global scale.
- Hybrid Work Environment: Achieve a work-life balance with our hybrid working model.
- Company Culture: Join a team of passionate professionals who share your dedication to the field.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Civil Structural Engineering (BEng or MEng).
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer with membership of ICE or IStructE or working toward full membership of ICE or IStructE.
- Significant experience in the design of structures in reinforced concrete and steelwork.
- It would be advantageous but not necessary to have previous experience within the nuclear industry and design for seismic loading.
- Awareness and experience of using the latest design codes and standards.
- Understanding of the relevant legal and regulatory standards.
Numerous projects with varying levels of expertise are currently accessible. Your skillset will be allocated to the project that best matches your qualifications and abilities, ensuring your skills and experience are utilised.
Join our team of dedicated professionals and become a part of the remarkable projects shaping the nuclear industry. Your expertise will play a crucial role in advancing our projects and contributing to the growth of the nuclear sector. Apply today to make a meaningful impact!