A Certification Engineer with a good knowledge of CE & UL Marking and IEC/EN 61010-1 and IEC/EN 60601 standards is needed by a Sussex based Engineering company.
Responsible for both performing internal testing and liaising with external test houses and NRTLs to perform testing leading to approval, certification, CE marking and UL listing of products. Testing may include EMC, safety, shock, vibration, temperature and humidity
Maintain CTDP status with UL, facilitating yearly DAP laboratory audits with the visiting UL engineer Develop and periodically revise procedures for the laboratory management to incorporate the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025 and the UL CTDP guidelines.
Working practices are to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective use of internal and external resources Develop and maintain product testing procedures to cover both the UL and CE test processes Generate project documentation for each individual test project, to include Lists of Critical Components, Test specifications and plans within the project timelines. Liaise with the design teams to ensure new designs will comply with all the relevant safety test standards
Ensure that appropriately instrumented test samples and any fixtures and measurement equipment is available in a timely fashion, keeping a detailed log of the samples Manage multiple projects at various stages of the approvals process Ensure UL follow up files are accurate and reflect the latest build standard for the product Host UL follow up visits ensuring any resulting actions are cleared in a timely manner
‘Hands’ on use of standard test equipment and testing to meet the required standard, ensure relevant test reports are generated and review and approve externally generated reports and ensure that internal documentation including unit specifications and BOMs reflect approval status as appropriate
- Up to date knowledge of IEC/EN 61010-1 and IEC/EN 60601 safety test standards and an understanding of the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025 General requirements for the competence of testing & calibration laboratories
- Familiarity with the UL listing and CE marking process
- A good understanding of laboratory and testing processes
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with colleagues and test houses.
- Confident, motivated and well organised
- Methodical and able to express clearly/concisely in both verbal and written contexts to ensure information supplied is correct and accurate
- Familiarity with all Microsoft Office applications
This is an exciting role within a growing engineering company with good technical and career progression opportunities
Please call Adam Jones at Major Recruitment or click Apply Now if you are interested in this role