Call/email Alisdair at School Staffing Solutions Recruitment to get an application form and to receive a full job description
This school is part of a UK wide group of 28 Special Needs Schools.
They have an amazing benefits and will pay for all your training.
Support Worker (Residential/College – no personal care)
Location: Cranborne, Dorset
Hourly Rate: £11.72-£12.78 per hour
Annual Salary: £25,596.90 – £27,911.10 (depending on experience and qualifications)
Hours: 12 hour shifts, 8am-8pm- average 42 hours per week spread over 3-4 shifts per week (including every other weekend)
No experienced needed – Increased rates for those with experience
At this College, they support young people between the ages of 16 and 25 who have additional social, emotional and mental health needs, by preparing them for adult life and facilitating their transition into further education, training or employment.
They’re currently looking for a number of Support Workers to assist students at home (on-site) and in the classroom (no personal care responsibilities).
Following a handover from the night team; you’ll support students with their morning routine, ensuring they are ready for their day in College. This will be with the use of verbal and visual prompting dependent on the need of the student.
Once at college you’ll work alongside Teachers and TA’s and assist the students in staying concentrated and focused on their work; providing emotional support as required.
You’ll also provide a key liaison point for parent and carers and ensure all health/medical appointments are attended.
After college you’ll work with the students in preparation from dinner (again; prompting/motivating rather than doing); and in the evening you’ll join in with whatever activities the students want to do.
The key to this role will be your ability to participate and to motivate whilst ensuring students develop their own independent living skills.
Skills and Qualifications
Successful candidates are likely to demonstrate (No experience need – we’ll fund all your training):
- Willingness to participate, be positive and creative in meeting our young person’s needs
- Able to support and develop independence skills such as budgeting, shopping, cooking, housekeeping as well as accessing the wider community and using public transport.
- Ability to prompt / encourage in a positive manner whilst providing social/emotional behavioural support
- Ability to show a strong understanding of what “good care” looks like and how to put the young person’s needs first, whilst empowering them to be independent
- UK citizen with the right to work full time in the UK NO SPONSORHIP.
- Due to our rural location access to transport and a drivers licence is essential
- Given the age of our students all applicants must be 21 and over
- Full training with the opportunity to study the Level 3 diploma in Health and Social Care (funded by us!)
- Free lunch
- Perkbox subscription
- Life assurance and pension
- Health cash back plan
- Car lease scheme
- Bike to work scheme
- Free parking
School Staffing Solutions Ltd is acting as an employment business for this position.
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.
The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and we are therefore permitted to ask job applicants to declare all convictions and cautions (including those which are “spent” unless they are “protected” under the DBS filtering rules) in order to assess their suitability to work with children.
Please note that candidates that are shortlisted might be subject to an online search.
As a result of the volume of applications, If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received, then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.