SEN Science Teacher
Salary: MPS + SEN Allowance, UQT for Unqualified Teachers
Hours per week: 32.5
Monday to Friday
School Staffing Solutions are looking for an ambitious, energetic and committed Science teacher who will expand the learning experiences of the pupils in their care. The successful candidate will be teaching and supporting our young people who may have autism, emotional behavioural difficulties, ADHD and associated complex needs.
The school are proud of their excellent reputation for providing highly effective education, care, therapy, welfare and support for up to 107 pupils aged 5 to 19 years old who have difficulties regulating their emotional, social and mental health needs. They may also have other complex needs often associated with autistic spectrum conditions. They take an individual and inclusive approach to education, care, therapy and healthcare in order to provide the young people with the opportunity to make positive changes in their lives, develop as lifelong learners and integrate into the wider community.
As part of this team you will be an excellent classroom practitioner who has the right combination of energy, drive and enthusiasm to engage classes of 5 – 8 young people. The School deliver education to pupils from year 3 to year 11, so they looking for somebody who has a desire to work with pupils of all ages who can deliver a sequential science curriculum in a new lab that is being built over the summer holidays.
· To evolve and maintain an imaginative and engaging whole-school science curriculum.
· Designing, developing, and delivering quality lesson plans and a curriculum that adheres to national and school guidelines
· To implement innovative programmes of study that inspire a love for scientific enquiry.
· Drawing up suitable assessments and delivering helpful feedback to students, parents, and other teachers
· Ensuring that all students follow a qualification pathway which suits their individualised needs
· Establishing classroom, lab, and field trip rules and regulations and ensuring that all students understand what is expected of them
· To contribute to a positive ethos in which all pupils have access to a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum
· Creating an environment where students feel comfortable asking questions and voicing concerns
· Enthusiastic engagement in other curriculum and non-curriculum activities which increase students’ culture capital
· A commitment to keeping up to date with new teaching, learning and assessment techniques
Why this School:
The school benefits include exclusive access to reward and discount scheme, comprehensive induction, commitment to your ongoing training and career progression, Teacher pension scheme, paid for enhanced DBS, wellbeing support, cycle to work scheme and more!
The school strongly believe in developing our own talent and growing our teachers into successful middle and senior leaders.
To apply please send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07815016497 for more information.