We have a fantastic new job opportunity for an IT Support Technician with excellent trouble shooting skills to work on-site across Lancashire helping our customers dealing with day-to-day IT issues.
The position is for a full-time on-site IT engineer with working hours 7:30AM – 3:30 PM Mon-Fri, based at a private school in the Northwest (Blackburn area).
The candidates must have great IT knowledge including, and not limited to, Windows Server management including active directory, group policy, Microsoft 365, VMware + great networking skills. Communication and troubleshooting skills are essential. Previous work in education is preferred.
This role would suit an individual that likes to be challenged and maintains a high customer service ethic. Key to success in the role is character and professionalism alongside the technical knowledge to complete the duties in hand.
The salary: £25,000 – £27,000
The main duties involved in this role will include but not limited to:
· Log, handle, resolve and/or escalate service requests and incidents supporting both in person and via remote technology
· Experience working with Microsoft server 2012, 2016 & 2019
· Knowledge of overall Microsoft Windows environments
· Understanding of basic networking and administration
· Experience with Office 365 platform, applications and features including:
· Teams etc. / Amazon Web Services / Microsoft Azure knowledge (Desirable but not required)
The ideal candidate should possess the following
· Experience from a support background in an education related role.
Excellent customer service with ability to communicate well internally and externally.
· Ability to liaise between 3rd parties if required.
· Keen to learn and have a forward thinking attitude.
· Pro-active attitude to help improve systems rather than just maintaining them
Job Type: Full-time
This dynamic and challenging role is an exciting opportunity for the right individual to join our expanding business.
The successful candidate will be required to problem solve and must be able to work on various projects/installs ranging from new servers, networks and interactive whiteboards.
There will be an expectation to work on and off-site both on your own and as part of a structured team. We expect your skills, and positive ‘can do’ attitude, to complement our professional and friendly team.