If you have a passion for Area Sales and are looking for career growth within a fantastic company, then this could be the role for you. The client pride themselves on maintaining a friendly, family feel, despite their substantial growth in recent years. They work across the UK and Europe and are utilised by the largest corporates through to SMEs within logistics, retail, transportation, food production and so many more sectors.
In addition to a competitive salary, you’ll also receive many benefits including the following:
- 32 days holiday (incl Bank Holidays) + Birthday holiday
- Free parking at every depot
- In house well-being service
- Employer supported volunteering days
- Optional purchase schemes (Annual leave, dental, Medical & Life assurance)
- Life Assurance x2 Annual salary
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Annual recognition incentive bonus payments (subject to role & business)
- Dress down Fridays
And…….a turkey at Christmas!!
Purpose of the job
You will be supporting existing Project Development Managers, who have additional responsibilities, on ensuring business opportunities in their allocated sales territories are not missed.
Finding potential prospects by:
– Identifying your target markets
– Existing Customer referrals
– Marketing campaigns
- Follow up on incoming calls / internet leads within 24 hours of receipt qualifying the lead and either progressing or passing to the PDM dependent upon scale of the project.
– Looking for information only
– Ready to progress
– The decision maker
- Nurturing Leads. If a prospect ‘likely fit’ to our usual customers, and after considering time management, work with them on information gathering to the next stage in the sales process.
- Undertake projects on specific markets / applications as requested including robotics.
- Define a hand over process with each relevant PDM to ensure maximum business opportunity is achieved on each lead.
- Develop an understanding of the fleet and applications used by customers.
- Maintain the SID database to ensure accuracy content and up to date on opportunities and outstanding tasks
- Actively promote the client where appropriate.
- Be aware of competition equipment maintaining a dialogue as agreed with the appropriate PDM to ensure the next hire is from the client.
- Maintain a good relationship with your PDM/s and al at the Glasgow site and others.
- Alert your immediate superior to significant problems immediately.
What the ideal candidate would look like:
- One to two years’ experience in sales or marketing
- Potential to be capable of progression to a Project development Manager within two years
- Experience in developing leads and researching new business clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to make presentations
- Good interpersonal skills and comfortable with meeting new people on a daily basis
- Familiarity with CRM systems
- Time management and prioritization skills to meet deadlines
- Willingness to adapt and implement new marketing strategies and sales methods
- Quick thinking to provide creative solutions that address customers’ needs and concerns