Major Recruitment are currently recruiting for an Assistant Press Headman on a permanent full time basis for our client – the UK’s leading supplier of aluminium glazing systems and bespoke aluminium extrusions based in Yatton, Bristol.
You will be joining a friendly, safety conscious business that is continuing to grow and will offer you full training with the opportunity to develop, progress and enjoy a long term career. This role requires a can-do attitude, a common sense approach, great interpersonal skills and an outstanding attention to detail. You must be able to work under pressure during busier periods and have previous experience within a production extrusion environment – either as an Assistant Headman or aspiring to be.
Daily Duties and Responsibilities:-
- Work closely with the Press Headman – ensuring process parameters are followed
- Ensure the company’s reputation for quality products is maintained at all times – ensuring the correct die and support tooling are used at all times.
- Communication is key to assist the Press Headman to deliver an effective and efficient manufacturing process.
- Always look for ways to improve to ensure Recovery targets are met, reduce non-conforming product and help drive performance.
- Follow all Health & Safety guidelines, including keeping the work environment clean and hazard free.
- Pro-actively promote and maintain a safe working environment, and looking for ways to reduce risk
Salary and Working Hours:-
- Working a rotating shift pattern Monday to Friday which includes a mix of days and nights: 6.30am-6.30pm and 6.30pm-6.30am, you will typically work 4 shifts one week, then 3 shifts the next two weeks.
- £28,548 annual basic starting salary, rising to £30,031 following training (including shift allowance and attendance bonus)
- Overtime may be available, which can uplift annual earnings realistically to around £36,000
Please click to apply