INTERIM CHIEF ACCOUNTANT – LOCAL GOVERNMENT
£300 – £350 P/D (DOE)
FULL TIME, TEMPORARY – 6 MONTHS
Hamilton Woods are exclusively recruiting an Interim Chief Accountant for their Local Government based client in Staffordshire that will predominantly provide support and advice across a range of financial services due to movement in the existing team.
The Interim Chief Accountant is one of two Chief Accountants of the Financial Services Shared Service function and will provide accountancy support and act as the lead officer. The post will also be responsible for the management of shared support functions for multiple councils.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Financial Cycle – Coordination of the Medium-Term Financial Plans and Budget strategy; Annual Revenue Budget; Capital programmes; Corporate Budget Monitoring and Closure of Accounts for all services
- Medium Term Financial Plans – preparation of the General Fund Medium Term Financial Plan and HRA Business Plan (CCDC) as directed by the Head of Finance
- Budget – preparation of the Annual Revenue and Capital Budget in accordance with agreed financial targets, service objectives and presentational standards to Leadership Team, Heads of Service and Members as directed by the Head of Finance
- Budget Monitoring – responsible for preparing monthly monitoring and projected outturn reports for all Service Areas, for both Revenue and Capital expenditure.
- Closure of the accounts – preparation of the Statement of Accounts and all necessary financial statements, working papers and returns. To liaise with External Audit.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
- Essential: Previous Local Government, Finance experience
- Essential: Demonstrable experience of closing down Local Government accounts
- Has the ability to lead a team of part/qualified Accountants
If you would like to apply for this Interim Chief Accountant role, please get in contact with your CV attached to email@example.com