K&D are delighted to be working with our local client just outside Aylesbury who I are looking for a Logistics Manager.
You will be joining a well-established but growing business so this is a great opportunity for the right person!!
Benefits & Package include:
33 days annual leave, 50K Salary, with Company performance based bonus, Enhanced pension scheme. AIG Healthcare
High street discounts. Cycle to work scheme. Sports and Social committees
Team: 2-3 direct reports on site, and looking after other Hubs in the UK. CPC Qulificatiion Management course essential
Scope of the Role:
Reporting to the Commercial Direct / Head of Operations, the Logistics Manager role is a varied one, 50/50 split between running a legal transport operation and also managing 3PL distribution
- Monthly reporting of cost control.
. Manage and setup various warehouses, distribution hubs and distribution networks, where needed, to meet with our customer’s delivery expectations at the lowest achievable cost.
- Develop a ‘right first -time culture’ in the distribution of our products and ensure maximum customer satisfaction through the service provided.
- Manage the lorry drivers for the internal fleet and transport planning team.
- Manage the performance of our delivery partners across the world.
- Management all aspects of export and import administration in accordance with and adhering to all applicable laws and regulations.
- Continuously meet with delivery partners to ensure best possible prices achievable are being gained, with the best ‘customer service’ in mind.
Manage a Fleet of Mechanical Handling Equipment and related tasks associated with materials handling repairs and maintenance
- Working with your team to help develop systems, structures, training and procedures to enable the delivery of excellence in customer service.
- Knowledge, accuracy and timely completion of all relevant import and export administration and paperwork.
- Work with Finance to set-up key metrics and regularly performance manage and benchmark the various warehouses, distribution hubs and delivery networks.
- Manage the Transport internal fleet and associated tasks i.e. Operating Licenses to ensure all driver compliances are met.
- Manage the 3PL partners and costs associated to this
- Ensure you play a full and active part in meeting the site’s KPI metrics and targets and help create a climate that relentlessly strives for excellence and continuous improvement.
- Work with the customer service and operations team to deliver the most effective distribution channels
- Full responsibility for costs across transport and distribution for GB & Ireland.
- Any other relevant duties as required, world-wide shipping experience essential.
Interested? Then please apply hear today and we will be in contact in due course.