Are you looking for your next step in a Customer Service role?
Would you like to work in a friendly team environment?
- Full time
- £20,000 – £24,000
About the role:
Reporting to the Customer Service Manager, this role provides a first point of contact for customers placing orders, following up the progress of orders, or making any other order related enquiries. You will deliver consistent, efficient order management across multiple channels, establishing and maintaining effective relationships with internal / external customers, peers, and management and the 3rd party suppliers.
Escalating all potential customer service issues through the logistics management team to resolve and communicate to the appropriate internal contacts
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer all calls in a timely, polite and professional manner
- Act as a central point of contact to process customer orders according to their agreed lead-times
- Provide a central point of contact for first call resolution on distribution queries
- Capture and manage all orders for allocated customers, ensuring these are processed efficiently and accurately, and to company deadlines
- Liaise with Supply Chain on stock availability and delivery queries.
- Feedback to customer’s information regarding stock availability upon receipt of orders where necessary
- Ensure customers and the sales team are kept informed of order progress and of any changes to the order delivery schedules, through the logistics escalation process
- Investigate and report order discrepancies and failed deliveries, work with the logistics team to resolve any issues
- Liaise with the customer and the Commercial team to eliminate delivery refusals
- Manage stock returns in liaison with the customer and the third party distribution provider
- Monitor and resolve outstanding orders on a daily basis
- Ensure master data within function is maintained accurately
- Investigate order discrepancies and failed deliveries, report issue detail and work with the logistics team to resolve any issues.
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong customer service orientation
- Good communication skills
- Strong administration skills with close attention to detail
- PC Literate, including competent in MS Excel
- Numerate and possessing basic financial awareness
- Good relationship management skills
To apply for this or any other Customer Service role please get in touch.
“Major Recruitment act as an Employment Agency for permanent roles and an
Employment Business for temporary opportunities”