A Principal Power Electronics Engineer is sought by an innovative class-leading Engineering company to lead a multi skilled power electronics design team
YOUR NEW JOB
Reporting to the Chief Engineer you will manage the design and delivery of industry leading power electronics equipment. Key duties will include:-
- Defining and modelling the product system in line with the customer requirements to ensure the design meets all requirements and is stable in all operating conditions
- Define and produce the system functional description for the design to disseminate the requirements to the rest of the technical team and to ensure customer acceptance of the design is achieved at the earliest opportunity.
- Work closely with the project manager to ensure that the project execution is approached in the most efficient and risk reduced manner.
- Define, control and monitor the technical work packages allocated to the project delivery team.
- Schedule and chair design reviews of all project sub systems to ensure compliance with the technical requirements, product safety, risk (programme and technical), cost and manufacturability.
- Attend and present design review materials at the customer premises (as necessary).
- Review and approve all documentation, component specifications and internal technical procedures.
- Identify and communicate technical scope growth, specification creep and variations.
As a Principal Power Electronics Engineer you will need a degree or higher in Electronic Engineering, demonstrable experience in design and test of Power Electronic Converters (AC:AC, DC:DC, DC:AC) and/or Motor Drives and be able to demonstrate experience in using simulation tools including PLECS and/or Matlab/Simulink.
You will also need a good knowledge of Power Electronics Design, Analogue and Systems Engineering, Digital Electronics, System Simulation, Embedded Systems and Control Engineering. Knowledge of EMC standards and mitigation through design. Good communication and presentation skills, written and oral are also essential as is the ability to liaise with customers and suppliers as well as other internal functions within the company.
Ideally you will also have a knowledge of microprocessor control, software development, thermal design and specification of electromagnetic assemblies. Proven managerial and leadership skills i.e. experienced in managing day to day running of a team of 3-6 multi-disciplined engineers.
A Post graduate qualification in Electronic Engineering (M.Eng or PhD) qualification would be an advantage as would IET membership or Chartered Engineer status.
If you would like to know more about this exciting role please call Adam Jones at Major Recruitment or click Apply Now to send your CV