A Project Manager with a background in managing Control Systems, Automation or Engineering Software projects is sought by a successful Engineering company
You will be responsible for managing technical automation projects of varying duration and technical complexity for customers, ensuring they are delivered on time, within budget and scope in line with company goals and objectives. They are a mixture of simple delivery projects and complex IT/software/hardware development projects and vary in duration from several months to several years.
Your key responsibilities will include
- Pro-actively managing the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Maintaining clarity on the project scope and deadlines and drive the implementation accordingly
- Planning and managing project resources and schedules including 3rd party suppliers (software development, hardware supply, panel manufacture)
- Managing project budget, costs and billing
- Managing project scope and change management
- Monitoring progress using simple KPIs including milestones and deliverables
- Tracking, managing and reporting on progress, problems and solutions
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously at various stages of execution
- Creating and maintaining comprehensive project documentation
- Pro-actively managing risks and contingency plans
We are looking for a proven project manager with a track record in managing Engineering Software projects for external customers and be experienced with Agile, PRINCE 2 & SCRUM techniques. You will ideally have an engineering background biased towards computer science with any process automation experience a distinct advantage.
The candidate must have relevant experience in managing all aspects of a project, including clients, resources, quality, safety, risks, budget, schedules and deliverables and be capable of solving problems and adapting to changing circumstances.
- A qualification in project management or equivalent with several years of relevant, broad engineering experience, and management / leadership experience
- Experience in managing multiple concurrent projects is essential as is the ability to deliver them on time whilst maintaining professional and technical standards.
- You will have good business judgment, be able to define priorities and focus on processes and people management to guarantee on-time completion within budget.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills, planning and organisational skills and analytical and problem-solving skills
- Management and leadership skills, commercial awareness, teamworking skills, negotiation & diplomacy and the ability to motivate people are key qualities that you will need to succeed within the role.
This is an exciting opportunity within a successful Engineering Business.Please click Apply Now to send your CV or call Adam Jones at Major Recruitment if you are interested
Major Recruitment act as an Employment Agency for permanent roles.
Major Technical specialises in recruiting Technical, Engineering, Manufacturing, Procurement and Sales staff on a permanent and temporary basis to companies operating in a variety of sectors, across the UK. We have a strong network of candidates that we constantly add to and maintain so that our clients have access to the best candidates when they need them.