A Project Engineer with experience of delivering SCADA / Control Systems solutions is sought by a Tyneside Engineering business for a 6 month contract
Working in a Projects team you will be responsible for managing the design, integration, testing and commissioning of automation projects throughout the entire project life-cycle.
The role will involve interpreting clients’ requirements, to design, engineer, integrate, test, and deliver the solution in a professional and timely manner, interfacing with customers on all technical elements and schedules and engaging with subcontractors and external suppliers for the delivery of projects.
Key responsibilities will be to: –
- Designing, installation, commissioning, and maintenance of PLC, SCADA, and HMI systems in automation projects.
- Produce specifications / drawings and agree with customers.
- Integrate and configure software, hardware, communications, and external devices.
- Drive projects to achieve an “on-time” project delivery, within budget.
- Project engineering, configuration, integration, and test.
- Assist in the preparation and approvals of bills of materials and manufacturing drawings and where necessary interface with suppliers.
- Prepare project documentation such as design specifications, factory acceptance tests, site acceptance tests and operation and maintenance manuals.
- Participate in project meetings and assist in the scheduling of activities.
- Undertake FAT, SAT, site installation and commissioning activities where necessary.
To succeed in this varied and interesting role you will need the following skills, experience and personal qualities
- ONC/HNC in Electrical / Electronic / Software Engineering or related subject
- Proven track record of delivering projects, preferably within SCADA and Automation sectors; ideally within the LV/MV/HV Electricity Transmission & Distribution Industry.
- Knowledge of communications systems and SCADA protocols such as Modbus, DNP, and IEC 61850.
- Experience of implementation using PLC logic.
- Experience of configuration of HMI software
- Ability to work independently and within a small team environment.
- Excellent internal and external communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Be willing to travel for site testing and commissioning work when required.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Can-do’ attitude – enthusiastic and willing to learn.
This is an exciting role with a growing North East based company. If you would like more information, please call Adam Jones at Major Recruitment or click Apply now to send your CV and we will contact you promptly