We are recruiting for an experienced Fabric Cutter to join our clients manufacturing company based in Haslingden.
Responsibilities will include:
- Cutting a variety of patterns out of fabrics, vinyl’s and leathers to fit products such as seat boards, tub chairs, stools and sofas out.
- Assisting with fabric deliveries and stock checks.
- Preparing a variety of fabric materials for cutting.
- Gathering all tools/ parts/ materials.
- Complete maintenance checks on all tools used.
- Maintain a clean and tidy workspace.
- Finish products to a very high standard.
- This role includes checking for imperfections and reporting them, use of machinery and working to deadlines.
The Fabric Cutter will be working in the cutting/sewing department in the main production factory within a team of 4. As quality is key, you will need to demonstrate excellent attention to detail alongside a flexible approach to working in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Experience of preparing fabric for cutting, laying up and using a variety of cutting machinery or manual methods as appropriate.
- Ability to learn quickly and to work efficiently
- Communication and time management skills
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- To adapt to changes and work under pressure
- Work well as a part of a team and communicate with other workers
- Positive, “can do” attitude is crucial
What’s in it for you?:
- Working hours: 08:00 – 16:30.
- Pay rates: From £11 per hour depending on experience.
- Overtime rates applicable for any hours worked above normal days.
- Employment term: 12 week temp to permanent contract dependant on performance and attendance within the first 12 weeks.