K&D is delighted to be supporting our client who is looking for an FLT Reach truck driver for their site in Park Royal. You must have a full-in date Reach truck licence. 40 Hour week, £12 per hour, Monday to Friday, 9 am – 6 pm. This is also a permanent position.
The overall objective of the Role?
To operate a Forklift truck within the warehouse and perform primary duties:
The Forklift Operator is responsible for operating a forklift to move, locate, relocate, and stack stock. The Operator is accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the vehicle and may also be required to perform other duties in the warehouse as required.
Due to business requirements, it is expected that the role holder will need to have a high degree of flexibility in order to meet the demands of the role. Therefore, it may be necessary to work out of normal working hours due to the nature of the business, and in order to meet the necessary demands of our customer base.
The role holder must be able to adjust to a broad and fluid set of tasks as requirements change in this progressive company.
THE ROLE INVOLVES MOVING, STRETCHING, LIFTING, BENDING, AND CARRYING BOXES & MATERIALS.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Start of day safety checks on the FLT being used and completion of the report(s) * Checking and putting away stock using the Voice system
- Moving stock for Replenishment using Voice system * Load and unload deliveries
- Check the deliveries against the paperwork
- Order picking as required using Voice system * Keep the warehouse clean and tidy
It is the responsibility of the warehouse team to ensure the security of the building at all times, specifically:
- Ensure all visitors/Drivers are supervised at all times while on company property and that the warehouse is never left unattended at any time while the security shutter is open
- If required, the warehouse team should request the help of one of the packing teams to provide cover in this area
- To ensure no vehicles are permitted onto company premises at any time unless instructed to do so
Key Skills and Knowledge Essential
- Highly organised and good attention to detail * Good written and verbal communication skills * Experience in stock handling/warehousing
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues * Work well as part of a team
- High level of numeracy
- Excellent planning skills in order to meet required deadlines, ability to remain calm under pressure. * Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate a pro-active ‘can-do attitude
- Experience of using Voice picking system an advantage but not essential as full training provided * Worked in Drive in Racking an advantage but not essential
Qualifications and Experience
- Current licence for FLT Reach truck
- Self- motivated
- Flexible, Reliable, and Hardworking
A training plan will encompass the following to ensure the effectiveness of the employee, and to meet our safety standards:
- Manual handling * Voice pick training * Drive-in Racking
Health & Safety Responsibilities:
Act in accordance with the relevant Health and safety policies and procedures, adhering to legislative compliance and company requirements.
Interested? Then please apply here today!!