My client is a well-established, manufacturer based in Darlington. They have seen impressive growth year on year, with further growth plans for 2022. Their products are now supplied into most retailers in the UK and now have their products in mainland Europe. A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen for a Maintenance Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis.
This opportunity gives you the chance to work with one of the most respected companies in the UK. They offer not only an excellent package, but more importantly in today’s world, job security.
Working with an established engineering team, you will be responsible for the maintenance of site equipment and infrastructure. This will include the maintenance of equipment, machinery, packing lines and the plant, ensuring that production is able to function with optimum capabilities.
- Preventative maintenance on machines and equipment; as well as responding to emergency machine break downs throughout the plant
- Determine cause of potential failure or performance deterioration, and either complete remedial work during shift or brief subsequent shift and Engineering Team Leader on issue, cause and recommended solution
- Overhaul and repair of machines and equipment
- Ensuring machines and equipment on site are safe, working efficiently and fit for purpose
- It will also involve ensuring all work is carried out within Health and Safety legislation
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of mechanical systems including motors, gearboxes and drive systems
- 18th Edition (Desirable)
- Relevant professional qualifications
- Excellent organizational skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability
- Professional in their approach to dealing with issues and employees