Major Recruitment have an exciting opportunity for a Workshop Controller in Glasgow.
As a Workshop Controller, you will oversee a Brilliant Team which will see you working 5 days 7.30am – 17.00pm
Salary £37,500 – £38,500
As a Workshop Controller we will be looking for you to be able to demonstrate:
- Brilliant leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Clear vision in achieving business goals.
- An ability to motivate and inspire team members to exceed targets.
- An ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with both colleagues and customers.
- An understanding of the demands of the role and the time and attention needed to produce impressive results.
- IT Literacy.
- Has previous motor trade experience.
- Is driven by results.
- Strives to offer excellent service.
- A methodical approach to work.
- An ability to perform well under pressure.
It would be advantageous if you had:
- Knowledge of Kerridge systems
Main duties will be:
- Managing a Team of 21Commercial Vehicle Technicians of which 3 are Master Technicians and Team Leaders, 4 Commercial Vehicle Apprentices and 1 Service Administrator, 2 service advisors.
- To work closely with the Service Manager and Support where needed.
- To lead by example and manage a Team whilst promoting all the Company Values.
- Liaising with the Service Advisors to manage the daily planning of vehicles in the Workshop ensuring full utilisation of time available.
- Ensuring Health & Safety standards are always adhered to.
- Monitoring utilisation, productivity, and idle time to ensure internal KPI’s are met.
- Ensuring the relationship between Service reception, Workshop Supervisors and Workshop Controller is developed to lead the continual improvement of customer demand and service levels.
- Strengthening and developing long term customer and franchise partner relationships.
- To review, coach and develop the Service team and to ensure all our trainees have a dedicated training programme and/or mentor in place. As well as completing appraisals to direct reporting staff.
- Ensuring MOT pass rates are in line or exceed company benchmarks.
- To embrace all opportunities of learning and developing alongside our Brilliant Team.
- Keeping up to date with all manufacturer’s bulletins and information ensuring the updates are relayed to the relevant staff in a timely manner.
- Dealing with customer queries.
- Making sure our Company Code of Conduct for customers, suppliers and staff are always adhered to and maintaining the company’s Integrity and Transparency policy.
- Taking responsibility for all aspects of customer service, dealing with Service Department issues in a professional and timely manner.
- To respect the property of the Company and any property for which the Company is responsible, or which is in their care.
- To assist with general housekeeping duties required within the service reception and workshop area.
From day 1, you will have access to a comprehensive benefits package including:
- A pension that pays – Auto enrolment pension scheme through salary sacrifice to ensure you get the most out of your hard-earned money.
- BUPA Medical Insurance – ensuring you and your loved ones are covered we offer a discounted scheme.
- Life Assurance 2 x salary– we give you the peace of mind when you need it most.
- Vehicle purchase discount– colleague and family discount to all colleagues.
- Employee Discounts with the Network Benefits – fantastic deals and discounts on a wide range of products and services available to all colleagues.
- Employee Assistance Programme – We take colleague wellbeing seriously; we offer a free programme to support all our colleagues and families with whatever challenges they may face at work or at home 24/7 365 days a year.
- Colleague Introduction Award – recommend somebody for a role and you could earn up to £2000 once they’re fully on-board with us.
- Holiday allowance rising with length of service – We reward long service with extra holiday
- Great career development –we pride ourselves on offering internal and external training and development opportunities along with a realistic career pathway for each member of our team through our People Partnership Initiatives.
- Onsite Mental Health First Aiders – we understand mental health is not always easily spoken about which is why we have adopted various methods to support colleagues including onsite mental health first aiders, mental health awareness campaigns and a mental health text number should you require support but not feel ready to discuss in person. All our managers are also mental health aware trained.
- Being Brilliant Awards – we believe Together We Make A Difference and like to reward and recognise all colleagues who go the extra mile.
- Engagement & Charity – You will have the opportunity to participate in charity events to raise funds for our charities of choice, we also hold regular engagement events for all colleagues to enjoy their time with us.
Should you wish to apply and be part of a Brilliant Team please send your cv to Brenda.email@example.com or call for a confidential chat on 0141 320 7777