What’s On Offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Monday to Thursday 8am – 5pm with a 3pm Friday early finish
- Ongoing support and development
- Genuine career progression
- Permanent position
My client is a well-established electronics and instrumentation manufacturer based in the Billingham area. With a rich history, they have an impeccable reputation for the quality of service and products they deliver. Following year on year success my client has exciting growth plans leading to an exciting opportunity arising for a Key Account Manager to join their team on a Permanent basis.
This is an exciting time to join an established, passionate team that are constantly striving to improve their capabilities and services for the business.
To manage and develop my clients’ key customer base within the Defence Sector and develop new business opportunities in order to maximise profitable sales to secure annual growth & profitability in accordance with the business strategy. As a Key Account Manager, you will be responsible for managing your own pipeline through engaging with new prospects, promoting your product, building relationships and obtaining orders. This is a B2B outbound sales role.
- Engaging with potential clients through making outbound calls.
- Promoting a vast range of high-quality products and services with the goal of obtaining customer orders.
- Maintaining and monitoring your client portfolio alongside the Account Manager through company systems.
- Oversee the implementation of administrative requirements related to client orders.
- Internal ownership with all relevant colleagues to organise the implementation of customer requirements related to New Product Development, order progressing, order book management, promotions and marketing support where required.
- Meet or exceed monthly targets.
- Building rapport with customers to ensure a pleasant customer experience.
- Identify and follow up opportunities with companies who are not already on the database.
- Logging information accurately on company systems.
- Adhering to compliance and data protection policies implemented by the company.
- Experienced in Microsoft Office/ Excel
- Qualified by experience (QBE)
- Have a background in sales (4+ years)
- Strong persuasive and negotiation abilities
- Must be self-motivated and used to working to targets
- Able to work as a key member in a busy sales team.
- Good timekeeping
- High attention to detail
- A strong communicator who is comfortable working with all levels
- A willingness to learn new skills
- Positive and ambitious persona
- Flexibility – adapts to changes while remaining focused on goals
- Using initiative – remains proactive when suggesting improvements and solving problems
- Persuasive communication – displays verbal and written communication that influences others
- Writing skills – possesses excellent writing and grammar skills, including the ability to write concisely, clearly and logically
- Forward thinking – looks beyond immediate tasks to consider long-term impact; always considering what comes next
- Results driven – achieves goals in a timely manner while providing excellent customer service
- Experience of gas sensing equipment
- Have worked with the defence / Navy previously.
- Marketing experience
- Experience of doing business in the US
- Speaking a foreign language (French)
- Experience of target countries
- Have travelled extensively
If you’re interested or wish to discuss further, please pop Ailsa a call on 01325468780