My Shrewsbury based client is currently recruiting for an experienced Maintenance Engineer.
Salary Up to £39,645 (including 25% shift allowance) depending on experience
Working mornings, nights and afternoons, Monday to Thursday
6am – 2pm
2pm – 9.30pm
9.30pm – 6.30am
As the Maintenance Engineer you will be responsible for carrying out PPM’s and responding to reactive maintenance across the site.
- Carrying out Reactive and Planned Preventative Maintenance on site.
- Respond to breakdowns quickly and effectively across the site by maintaining a strong focus on first time fix and quality of work.
- Carry out PPM’s on all machinery across site.
- Involvement in projects across site: installing new machinery, decreasing down time to assist with production improvements, projects and reconfigurations as required.
- Ensure that all-electrical installation and maintenance of production plant, equipment, buildings and services is achieved to best practice standards (18th Wiring Edition Regulations).
- Ensure that you and any personnel working with you or under your supervision work to full Health, Safety and Environmental Regulations.
- Ensure that all items removed from the company stores are recorded and passed on to the store or maintenance managers for updating stock / spares
- Advise Team Leader or Maintenance Manager on any equipment condition or failure, which may cause or is likely to cause company disruption.
- Ensuring the correct completion of appropriate documentation and reporting.
- Communicate with colleagues, verbally and is documented before and after every shift.
Skills and experience:-
- Qualified to Degree in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Time served Electrical / Mechanical Engineer.
- Electrical / Mechanical apprenticeship.
- Good PLC knowledge in programming, fault finding and diagnosis.
- Ideally 18th Wiring Edition Regulations.
- Ideally experience in pneumatics and hydraulics.
Contact Alex at Major Recruitment Telford for further information
We will carefully consider your application and advise you as to whether we are able to progress with your application, within 3 working days. If you do not hear from us within this time, your details will not be retained. If you’re not successful on this occasion, please continue to apply to future roles that we advertise.
Major Recruitment are an employment agency working on behalf of our clients. Should you be seeking a new permanent position, temporary assignment or contract, you will find our staff professional and courteous, and our interview process straight forward. We are located in thriving Telford and we focus on jobs in Shropshire, Staffordshire, North Wales and Wolverhampton. Major Recruitment specialise in industrial, commercial, driving and technical recruitment.