We are looking for Mechanical Supervisors to undertake 6-week contracts in Italy and The Netherlands
Your key responsibilities will be as follows: –
- Ensure that the equipment spread is operated and maintained in an efficient, organised, and controlled manner, and in accordance with the manufacturers operating manuals and the Company’s procedures.
- To ensure the equipment achieves its highest level of performance throughout operations in accordance with the Client’s requirements, whilst maintaining safe working practices and a high level of safety awareness.
- Ensure that all practical measures are taken with the equipment spread and by the Company personnel to prevent pollution and damage to the environment.
- Supervise and operate all types of equipment to include but not be limited to drum engines, D.O.H.B engines, linear cable engines and plough / launch and recovery winches / ‘A’ frames, in a broad range of operational situations.
- Launch or recover the equipment, unless the vessels safety is compromised where the Master has overriding control.
- Be familiar with the terms of the project agreement or the particular contract agreed at the time and also within the stated insurance warranty.
- Assist in the co-ordination of planned maintenance, repair or refurbishment of the equipment onboard, ensuring it is running efficiently in a fully operational condition.
- Supervise the launch and recovery of the equipment in accordance with the operating procedures and within the stated range of sea states.
- Work or assist in areas other than own department as and when required, providing it does not compromise the operational capabilities of the equipment
- To maintain 95% reliability and utilisation of equipment and ensure safe and competent maintenance of submersible.
The successful candidate will have experience of working with ROV’s offshore and overseeing their operation and maintenance. Supervisory and management skills are essential as is a strong mechanical engineering background with respect ROV’s. Candidates will need to be up to date with their offshore and technical certificates.
The rate is £550 p/d + allowances and expenses
If you would like more information please call Adam Jones at Major Recruitment or click Apply Now to send your CV.