School Staffing Solutions are currently recruiting for a Maths Teacher in Lyndhurst, a beautiful area of the new forest, Hampshire. Their client is an independent specialist day school for young people aged 5 to 19 years with autistic spectrum conditions (ASC) and associated complex needs.
Salary: MPS + SEN Allowance, UQT for Unqualified Teachers
Employment type: Full time
Hours Per Week:: 32.5
The school provide a warm and welcoming yet structured environment, which encourages children and young people to develop the social, educational and practical skills they require to enjoy and achieve.
As a Teacher you can enjoy a picturesque setting in extensive grounds in the New Forest. The school is well-positioned for easy access to the M27 and M3. London is approximately two hours’ drive, or one and a half hours by train and the school is just five minutes from Brockenhurst train station.
- Reward and discount scheme
- Comprehensive induction
- Commitment to your ongoing training and career progression
- Teacher pension scheme
- Paid for enhanced DBS
- Wellbeing support
- Cycle to work scheme and more!
- Relevant QTS / PGCE
- Experience of working with pupils with Special Education Needs (SEN)
- An awareness and understanding of the needs of those pupils with specific SEN
- An excellent understanding of the approach to teaching, the theory and practice of learning and how this is influenced within a classroom environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Emotional resilience
- Ability to effectively use information technology
- Ability to work as a member of a team and on their own initiative
All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with Disclosure & Barring Service and at least 2 references which cover the last 3 years.
As a Qualified Maths Teacher you will have a proven outstanding teaching ability, to manage, lead and deliver curriculum within a classroom environment. The role will work within the diverse demands of the school whilst developing its recognised strengths and attributes.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Teach a class of young people, and ensure that planning, preparation, recording, assessment and reporting meet their varying learning and social needs.
- Have significant experience of using recognised and appropriate teaching strategies for our students who have Special Educational Needs (SEN).
- Provide timely and accurate reports to all stakeholders including the Senior Leadership Team (SLT), Governors (as required) and parents / carers.
- Keep accurate up to date records of assessments of learning and progress of each student and match against aspirational and appropriate targets.
- Maintain the positive ethos and core values of the school, both inside and outside the classroom.
- Work cohesively with key workers and the in-house therapeutic team to follow care plans and assist in creating educational schemes of work.
- Provide the highest standards of professional practice and safeguarding
If you are interested in this Maths Teacher role in the new forest, please apply to this job ad today!
For any queries or questions email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07815016497