Major Recruitment have a brilliant opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Operative on a permanent basis!
You will be joining a large food manufacturing company based in Leeds.
You will be responsible for general building maintenance, equipment maintenance ensuring repair / check and monitoring where necessary in line with H&S requirements.
Working hours as a Maintenance Operative are:
Monday to Friday 08:00 to 16:30
As a Maintenance Operative you will:
- Ensure a Dynamic Risk Assessment is carried out before any work is commenced.
- Work to a High Standard and comply with Health & Safety legislation.
- Ensure that any projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Be able to work at height
- Reactive breakdown support in extremely busy situations.
- Assist and liaise with external contractors and other works as necessary
- Keeping up the maintenance of buildings and offices to comply with current legislation
- Be able to work independently on task lists
- Be involved with building and maintenance work, when required, to alter or create workspaces suitable for the needs of the business.
- Take an active role in continuously developing your skills and knowledge through self-development activities and/or through attending Company organised training and development opportunities.
- Ensure that the Company is professionally represented at all times, both inside and outside the business.
- Respond to ad hoc requests as directed by your line manager.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as may from time to time be required by the Company to ensure buildings are well maintained.
Skills required as a Maintenance Operative:
- Previous plumbing experience/qualifications
- Plumbing qualifications are essential
- Joinery skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience in a maintenance role
- Be able to commute between sites
- Committed, reliable and flexible
If you are interested, please click apply now and one of our recruitment specialists will be in touch.
Major Recruitment are an employment agency working on behalf of our client. Should you be seeking a new permanent position, temporary assignment, or contract you will find our staff professional and courteous and our interview process straight forward.