A Manufacturing Engineer is sought to be a driving force for continuous improvement and reviewing manufacturing processes.
You will apply Manufacturing Engineering expertise over a broad range of processes in a pro-active manner to ensure reliable, effective, sustainable production, resolve day-to-day assembly shop floor queries and issues, raise the standard documentation (ECN, NCR) for the resolution of technical, material or workmanship issues, and coordinate repairs and replacements. You will also drive improvements that will see a sustained reduction in the number of events, ensure production can continue in a timely manner without compromising safety or quality and produce assembly documentation.
A key focus is New Product Introduction (NPI), ensuring an effective introduction of new products into production by working closely with both Engineering, Quality and Manufacturing, scrutinise and challenge any assumptions made so that new products are designed for manufacturability and meet all design guideline requirements. You will also champion best design for manufacture processes at the earliest stages in the design process, coordinate the smooth transfer from design to production with tooling, assembly processes and documentation and implement Agile manufacturing methodologies and techniques companywide.
In addition to this you will propose equipment and practice improvements that would benefit manufacturing efficiency, reliability, consistency and sustainability. Promote standardisation in all manufacturing areas, workstations, tooling, storage and ESD protection which will include equipment selection, procurement and installation.
To succeed as a Manufacturing Engineer you will need the following skills and abilities: –
- Degree/ HND or HNC in Mechanical/ Manufacturing Engineering or closely related discipline. Significant experience in a Manufacturing Engineering or closely related discipline with a track record of manufacturing process improvements.
- Hands-on ability with a “can-do” attitude.
- Agile thinking skills, quick learner, logical thinker with good attention to detail.
- Highly motivated, self-starter with methodical problem-solving skills.
- The ability to motivate and influence others. Keen interest in technical matters.
- Verbal and written communication skills to present Manufacturing Engineering views.
- Computer literate.
Please call Adam Jones at Major Recruitment or click Apply Now to send your CV to this exciting role