A Buyer with Electronics experience is needed by a growing Electronics company in the Newcastle area
Working in a small purchasing team your main responsibilities will be
- Supplier Selection and procurement of a range of commodities including off-the-shelf / catalogue items and also high value bespoke / configured-to-order items
- Stock replenishment and delivery scheduling around Just in time principles, based on production schedule forecast /BOM/ long lead item special orders at design stage.
- Contribute to the running of a supplier evaluation system, through the implementation of supplier Key Performance Indicators focused on On-Time Delivery, Quality, Enquiry turn-around times, Competitiveness of pricing, Health and Safety performance, etc
- Problem solving /trouble shooting to protect supply line and maintain both good supplier and customer relationships.
- Participate in regular project progress meetings, during which production shortages and high risk supplies are discussed to allow focused expediting as required
- Manage and implement project specific documentation and coordinate quality intervention points
- Support to the Sales and quotation team, via the provision of price and lead time data for potential future orders
The successful candidate will be an experienced Buyer and have worked within the Electronics Manufacturing sector. You will need experience of purchasing PCB’s, connectors and other electronic parts for assembly, sourcing and costing of components for NPI projects and prototypes and using MRP systems to control procurement. Experience of monitoring inventory levels and managing lead times is needed as is a proactive and organised approach to procurement, good communication & documentation skills and good negotiation skills. A HNC or CIPS qualification would be a strong advantage.
If you would like to know more about this exciting role please call Adam Jones at Major Recruitment or click Apply Now to send your CV