A Buyer with experience of electrical or electronic components is sought by a company in the Horsham area
Working within a busy purchasing team you will be responsible for the timely order placement, supply and expedition of raw materials, assemblies, and support services to maintain production at and manage select suppliers to ensure on time delivery while managing inventory levels to prevent shortages and maximize turns. You will also liaise with Engineering, Planning, Sales, and Manufacturing disciplines with a key focus on environmental and ethical trading considerations.
Key responsibilities will include: –
- Analyse exception messages from ERP system
- Place purchase orders ensuring cost effective timely delivery.
- Prepare document packs (i.e., drawings, BOM’s, Gerber files) ready to submit to supply chain partners.
- Prepare and distribute weekly expedite reports to selected supply chain partners, ensuring that all respond, and data is entered into company ERP system
- Manage selected suppliers to control inventories and ensure timely flow of material.
- Develop working knowledge of commodities and associated supplier base.
- Bring innovation and new ideas to the team and to management, with the ability to implement necessary process improvements.
- Able and willing to work to meet project deadlines, travel when needed.
The ideal candidate will have some experience of purchasing electronic components or electro-mechanical parts, be able to build and maintain effective working relationships and maintain composure and remains effective when dealing with challenges, unexpected disruptions. You will also have good data research, collation and analysis skills and be able to work well in a small team
This is an exciting role in a forward thinking company that invests in the success and development of their employees with good development prospects, salary & benefits available
If you would like more information please call Adam Jones at Major Recruitment or click Apply Now to send your CV