A Product Engineer with experience of working with electrical automation equipment is needed to optimise the design for prototype & manufactured parts, process improvements and supply chain solutions for new and existing machinery.
YOUR NEW JOB
Your key responsibilities will be to support the design and NPI teams in determining appropriate assembly /manufacturing processes, setting up system routings, writing WI’s, determining suppliers, manufacturing techniques, component and material specifications for all elements of the product design and competent in change control.
Other duties will include
* Support machine test as necessary.
* Attend project design reviews and represent the Manufacturing and Supply Chain teams
* Support machine manufacture and assembly as necessary.
* Explore and develop supply chain solutions for components and assemblies to achieve cost optimised solutions that meet performance, assembly and quality requirements – both pre and post product development
* Support Business Development and Commercial functions in the preparation of concept and product cost analysis for customer bids
* Contribute, and where appropriate lead, Design and Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis to determine and mitigate product and process risk.
* Gather and analyse data relating to component and product capability,
* Support Procurement and Quality functions in completing supplier selection and evaluation process
* Manage and modify as appropriate product Bills of Materials (BoM) as entered in the business ERP system
* Carry out engineering route-cause analysis into quality issues with in house production & customers NCR’s.
The ideal candidate will have a HNC / HND or Degree in a relevant Engineering discipline and ideally have a Six Sigma Green Belt. You will also have experience in electrical product design (motors, drives etc) and/or manufacturing role and have a good knowledge of assembly techniques and component manufacturing processes. Experience of process and/or product development with design function and supply chain interaction would be an advantage.
You will need to be competent with CAD & ERP Systems and MS Office, have good reporting and presentation skills along with a basic knowledge of statistics. You will need to be a good communicator, have a full UK Driving Licence and be happy to visit customers and suppliers when needed.
This is an exciting and varied role working on a range of innovative products. Please call Adam Jones at Major Recruitment or click Apply Now to send your CV if you are interested