K&D is delighted to be supporting our client who is looking for a Warehouse Assistant for their site in Park Royal.
You must have a full driving licence as you will also be needed as a relief driver for the company from time to time.
As a relief driver, you will be required to drive Medium Wheel Based Sprinter vans, so you will need a normal driving licence.
Our client will provide comprehensive training on driving routes so previous experience as a delivery driver isn’t essential.
The warehouse component of the role involves picking, packing, checking orders, and ensuring they are ready to leave at the required time. They have a digital system for picking orders, showing the location and number of items to be picked. The relief driving component involves the delivery and collection of orders from around the London area. Ensuring that customers & suppliers are treated with respect and items are handled with care.
40-hour week, £11 per hour, Monday to Friday, varies from 7 am – 4 pm, 8 am – 5 pm or 9 am – 6 pm.
Overall Objective of Role
As a member of the Warehouse team, the role of Warehouse Assistant/Relief Driver is expected to provide cover for other functions (e.g. packing and driving duties), etc. as the business requires. Responsibilities whilst carrying out driving duties include the delivery and collection of all goods as required, including but not limited to all trade and shop orders, collection of stock transfers from the Bonded warehouse and other wholesalers, and small stock collections from the retail shop.
Due to business requirements, it is expected that the role holder will need to have a high degree of flexibility in order to meet the demands of the role. Therefore, it may be necessary to work out of normal working hours due to the nature of the business, and in order to meet the necessary demands of our customer base. The role holder must be able to adjust to a broad and fluid set of tasks as requirements change in this progressive company.
THE ROLE INVOLVES MOVING, STRETCHING, LIFTING, BENDING AND CARRYING OF BOXES & MATERIALS.
- Multi-Drop Driver Colleagues * Warehouse Trade Team
- Trade Orders Team * Goods In Team
Primary Duties and Responsibilities Warehouse
- Ensure the warehouse is kept clean, tidy all floors & surfaces, and ensure areas are clear of rubbish at all times.
- Ensure all visitors are supervised at all times while on company property and that the warehouse is never left unattended at any time while the security shutter is open.
- Pick, pack, and check orders for Trade Customers and make sure they are ready for despatch & loading.
- Accurately check all orders and make them ready for packing or delivery.
Ensure all Wholesale orders are made up by the close of business each day and are ready for despatch by the start of business each day
- All trade orders are to be picked in a manner that facilitates checking (i.e. in the order detailed on the order), packed, and made ready for despatch to meet the agreed delivery dates.
Deliveries & Collections
Action all order deliveries and collections to ensure the use of the company’s vehicle is optimised
- Ensure all orders are ready for despatch at the start of business the following day.
- Prepare routing for all deliveries to optimise the number of deliveries per day. Where possible, build in collections from London City Bond, other wholesalers, and the shop as required. On completion of all deliveries return to Park Royal warehouse.
It is the responsibility of the warehouse team to ensure the security of the building at all times, specifically:
- Ensure all visitors/Drivers are supervised at all times while on company property and that the warehouse is never left unattended at any time while the security shutter is open.
- If required, the warehouse team should request the help of one of the packing teams to provide cover in this area.
- Ensure no vehicles are permitted onto company premises at any time unless instructed to do so.
Penalty Charge Notices (Parking fines)
- Unless there are mitigating circumstances, it is the driver’s responsibility for the payment of all parking fines.
Company Breakages Policy
- You are responsible for paying for breakages that you make that are deemed not to be accidental or avoidable.
- Complete the Vehicle Safety and Condition Checklist daily and weekly and ensure this is filed in the specific vehicle folder as per vehicle registration plate
- Ensure all routine repairs and scheduled services are completed as required and to the agreed standards
- Advise immediately on any defects and notify the direct line manager for these to be corrected as soon as possible
- Ensure the vehicle is clean at all times
- Adhere to legal requirements pertaining to smoking and the use of mobile phones.
- During the working day, the vehicle should be parked in defined parking bays and should never be left unlocked whilst unattended.
Key Skills and Knowledge Essential
- Highly organised and good attention to detail * Good written and verbal communication skills * Experience of stock handling/warehousing
Qualifications and Experience
- Current driving licence; should have no more than 6 points on licence
Interested? Then please apply here today!!