A NEBOSH qualified HSQE Advisor is sought by an Engineering company in the Derby area
Working within a busy manufacturing environment you will be responsible for the implementation and coordination of all HSQE programmes for including site safety planning, hazard prevention through managing process safety and carrying out site inspections, safety planning and compliance audits.
Your main duties will include.
- Monitoring and reviewing protective and preventative measures in relation to all aspects of SHQE.
- Supporting quality improvement within the company’s supply chain.
- Working alongside and supporting production by training staff in Safe Working Practices.
- A proactive approach to SHQE with the goal of reducing accidents and near misses on-site by
- assisting in activities including writing and delivery of team briefs, and toolbox talks.
- Assist the SHQE Manager in accident/incident investigations, including the collection of evidence and contributing to the production of reports.
- Collecting and uploading specific SHQE statistics and analysis to determine KPIs
- Assist with the organisation of SHQE and technical training i.e. accident investigation, manual handling, fire safety, first aid awareness etc.
- Completion of Risk Assessments, COSHH assessments, and any other assessment required to ensure that work is being carried out under controlled conditions.
The successful candidate will hold a NEBOSH General Certificate and ideally have 2 years’ experience within a health & safety advisory role. You will need a proactive approach to work and a knowledge of ISO9001, Quality, H&S and Environmental requirements. Experience of ISO14001 would be an advantage.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a company with good career and technical progression with a good market reputation for excellence.
If you would like more information, please call Adam Jones at Major Recruitment or click Apply Now to send your CV