Temp-to-Perm position. Immediate starts available!
£12+ per hour (depending on experience)
Monday – Friday. (07:00am – 15:00pm)
Calling all Steel Fixers! Immediate starts available! Major Recruitment are currently looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our client in Alfreton as a Steel Fixer. As a Steel Fixer you will play a key part in producing Precast concrete products at one of the top concrete manufacturing companies in the UK!
Responsibilities of the Steel Fixer:
- Ensure all work is carried out to the requirements of quality, efficiency and health and safety
- Ability to operate machinery (training provided)
- Able to competently read simple drawings
- Carry out inspections on your work to ensure it matches the drawing
- Following health and safety procedures at all times
- Experience in a previous role as a Steel Fixer (desireable)
- Bar Cutting and Bending (awareness of British Standards and Euro Code limits)
- Ability to read and interpret technical engineering drawings (Specifically Bar Schedules and Shape Codes)
- Angle Grinder/Abrasive Wheels (training provided)
- Educated to NVQ2 or equivalent (desirable)
Major Recruitment act as an Employment Agency for Permanent roles and an Employment Business for temporary opportunities. If you would like to discuss this role in more depth, please call Major Recruitment and ask for Ross Randfield.