£45,000 per annum
A hands-on role maintaining the portfolio of equipment installed and operated to ensure that machine uptime criteria are met. To assist in the maintenance of all aspects of the Company facilities and office environment and to build and install new manufacturing equipment as directed. All work must be performed to meet all current legislative and health and safety standards. To support the Managers by taking responsibility for leading the engineering team of 5 engineers.
Responsible for the maintenance and repair of site mechanical and electrical installations and equipment. Maintaining certain aspects of the buildings and offices
- To ensure that all equipment and installations are repaired / maintained in a manner to meet current legal requirements
- To efficiently manage and support the engineering team on a day-to-day basis, ensuring consistent operational delivery through smart working and efficient execution of day-to-day tasks
- To undertake HR processes such as informal and formal discussions, investigation meetings and any other HR related issues as required
- In conjunction with production colleagues, allocate, prioritise and balance the workload between the engineering staff to meet the demands of the business
- Monitor progress of work and projects and report back to management
- To assist in the building and modification of electrical / mechanical equipment in conjunction with other site engineering staff
- Development and implementation of preventative maintenance schedules for the factory machinery and equipment including forklift trucks, in conjunction with machine operators and factory management
- Proactively identify and implement improvements to working practices and manufacturing processes in conjunction with Lean Manufacturing teams
- Dealing efficiently and effectively with machine breakdowns, managing, and reducing all aspects of machine downtime caused by electrical and mechanical breakdowns
- Accurately completing prescribed safety checks on machinery and equipment
- Providing reasonable breakdown cover outside normal hours
- Dealing with existing suppliers and ordering spare parts as required
- Sourcing mechanical equipment as required in conjunction with Operations Manager and Supply Chain Manager
- Undertaking and completing project work of a mechanical / electrical / fabrication nature
- Maintaining computer-based information relating to machine performance and maintenance schedules.
- Develop and maintain standards in the engineering department including task and area risk assessments and 5S auditing.
- Any other duties as required commensurate with the role and level of responsibility of the post.